• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Dali Racing unfilled order

Am I the only one....?

• Yes

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • no

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • me to

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • join the club

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • never perfect vendor.

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ordered several items from Dali Racing "Sway bars, Tien Shocks & springs, 90k kit, Complete set of hoses, NSX-R strut bars) to name a few.
Everything was always shipped immediately. :p

My last order for a brake bias kit I have never received. I placed the order 9 months ago and all of my enquiries go unanswered.
I have sent several e-mail's asking the status or to apply the credit towards another item. I have not received a response. : :(

I have tried to be polite and amenable. I really don't know why my emails have gone unanswered. Maybe my email is being filtered? :confused:

I would like to continue to order from Dali Racing but can't until this is resolved. :rolleyes:
Don Templeton aka nexnut

I haven't heard that Dali has stoped selling the kit.
On Dali's sight the Big Brake Proportioning kit is still listed.
The status LED is Yellow thought.

If they are no longer available I am fine with that. I should have a credit
for my order. I have not heard back from DALI since placing the order.

Later,
Don

You Don't Need Valves

My last order for a brake bias kit I have never received.

I was going to get the same kit, but I heard that he does not offer it anymore.

I haven't heard that Dali has stopped selling the kit.

On Dali's sight the Big Brake Proportioning kit is still listed.

The valves themselves are available from Wilwood or Tilton. When they used to get along, Mark Basch would bend the tubing for Mark Johnson. When Dali Racing refers to a “proportioning kit” it includes the valves and pre-bent tubing.

I have this kit in my toolbox, never installed. When I tried, it was an absolute nightmare (and I am good with tools) to install the tubing. I gave up and changed pad compound in the rear. Proportioning valves are not needed. Comptech does not sell them with their Brembo brake kit. I have Brembos on all four corners.

Re: You Don't Need Valves

I concur with Andy. The brake bias valve is a nightmare to work with especially on 4 way ABS like our car. I went through 3 sets of lever type and one set of knob type, and end up selling them on ebay.

It cracks me up that people voted "yes" for the question stating that NSXNUT is "the only one" that got ripped off by Mark Johnson of Dali. Take a quick look at Mark John's notoriously colorful, ironically like Christmas, trader's rating.
:rolleyes:
Steve

What type of pads are you guy's running? Were did you buy them from?
When you swiched pads, dont they wear out faster?

What type of pads are you guys running?

I used to run Carbotech Panther Plus on the front and Porterfield R-4S on the rear. This was full time - street and track. Under normal street driving, the CPPs would dust heavily and squeal when cold. Under track driving, the CPPs dusted less than the R-4S.

For street driving I run R-4S front and rear, but change the fronts back to CPP for a track event. I have Brembos, so it takes longer to jack the car up and remove the wheel than to change the pads. No biggee since the car is already in the air to swap track wheels / tires and flush the calipers.

Were did you buy them from?

Porterfield and Carbotech.

When you switched pads, don’t they wear out faster?

Not in my experience. I’ve been running this setup since February 2002.

Mark Johnson (Mr. Dali Racing) has owed me a $400 core charge for my clutch for 18 months. It's been that long since he stopped replying to my emails.

Importantly, I also had a successful prior transaction history with Mark. I purchased a short gears transmission and several other items from him. He shipped headers to me before I even paid for them. While appreciated, this certainly does not give him the go-ahead to turn around and cheat me because it suits him. Rather, it demonstrates the classic modus operandi of a con artist: build trust, then go in for the kill. So, like a mutual fund, when dealing with Mark Johnson, past performance is no indication of future success.

whiteNSXs said:
It cracks me up that people voted "yes" for the question stating that NSXNUT is "the only one" that got ripped off by Mark Johnson of Dali. Take a quick look at Mark John's notoriously colorful, ironically like Christmas, trader's rating.
:rolleyes:
Steve

It cracks me up that the only option in this poll that does not indicate that I have also had problems with Dali is to go for 'yes' (as in 'NSXNUT is the only one') but that would appear to be in conflict with the numerous posts that suggest that he his not, so I can't do that.

I could click 'no', but that would simply be rumour-mongering on my part, as to do so would be relying upon what I have read on the boards rather than speaking from personal experience, so I can't do that.

I could click 'me to' (assuming that this means 'me too'), but since I have never had an unfilled order from Dali that would not be true, so I can't do that.

I could click 'join the club', but that would imply that I am among a group of people who have previously experienced unfilled orders from Dali welcoming NSXNUT to our group, but I am not, so I can't do that.

I could click 'never perfect vendor', but to be honest I don't really understand what that means, although since it appears to imply a negative experience with Dali it would be in conflict with my experiences with Dali over the last 2 years and many many satisfactory transactions, so I can't do that.

so what options are left for me in this poll?
there are no choices that I can make here.

I can only conclude that this is a poll that really says 'lets count the different ways in which we can all moan about Dali Racing'

Sorry, but if it's all the same to you I'll decline.

have fun in here y'all!

Darren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back