• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Dali Racing Short Shifter Kit Review

RYU

Legendary Member
Tech Expert
This is one of those things that I wish I had done sooner. My car had been down for a while so I took this opportunity to address a few minor items. The Type R shift boot is currently out of stock and I wanted a slightly taller shift knob. Yet, I also wanted the shortest throws possible. Aspirator fan was in need of cleaning as well. This meant a tear down of the center console once again. My shifter ball extends about 1/2" higher than if I used a 6spd Type R knob.

It was an easy mod and for the price Dali sells these at it's really a no brainer.

This unit is simply a small machined extension to the bottom part of the factory shifter. It decreases only fore/aft shift throws, not left to right. The machining tolerances on this is perfect though the allen screw adjuster is standard while the nut was metric. A small annoyance really but doesn't affect performance.

I'm very happy with this mod :smile:

1. Factory shift stalk position at neutral.
IMG_20110722_215219.jpg

2. In 4th gear. About 1 13/16" travel from neutral. YMMV depending on the height of your shift knob.
IMG_20110722_215234.jpg

3. In 4th gear with short shifter extender installed. Decrease of about 1/2" which was nice. It really changes your driving experience and I did not notice much increase in effort.
IMG_20110723_010337.jpg

4. Here's the unit installed
IMG_20110722_222216.jpg

note: My shifter is this high. You will notice even shorter throws if your shift knob sits lower.
IMG_20110723_083749.jpg

Back