• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Dali Gruppe N exhaust review

First off, this is a "knock off" of the Gruppe M (v3 I think) exhaust. It is a full exhaust with straight pipes built in.

Weight: This exhaust weighs 24.9lbs but remember, the cats are also being replaced with this. Between 41lbs for the stock exhaust and 22lbs for the cats, I replaced 63 lbs with 25lbs, saved 38lbs :)

Install: I already had my old exhaust and cats removed, anxiously awaiting for my Dali exhaust to come in. From start to finish, on my garage floor, I was able to have the exhaust installed in about 20 minutes. Everything bolted right up, just how it was supposed to. Hangers were in the correct place, tips are where they are supposed to be (nice and even)... very straightforward and easy install.

Sound: I'll do some fly bys in a day or two, but for now I'll just explain. The exhaust is loud but not in a bad way. I've only driven the car a couple of miles and haven't noticed any drone (you can hear the exhaust rumble a little, but no drone). Under normal driving conditions, the exhaust is deep and throaty, but once you get over about 5k it lights up!

Service: I ordered this exhaust on Monday (while Mark was out of town on vacation) and received the exhaust today (Thursday). I had already communicated with him a few days before about the order, so he had it boxed and ready before he went out of town. The exhaust shipped the same day I paid. He has answered about 20 emails pertaining to the exhaust, quickly and thoroughly. I couldn't ask for a better experience.

Quality: Welds look amazing. Fitment is perfect. Came with all new hardware (copper gaskets and stainless nuts/bolts).

A++++++ Thanks Dali!!! :biggrin:

Attachments

• photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 182
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 284
The X-pipe to twin cannister design is starting to be the trend around here. I was going to ask for a sound clip but i've been obsessing about exhaust design for so long I pretty much know how this will sound. LOL

Thanks for sharing. It looks nice.

hmmmm how interesting. I wonder what it sounds like exactly. If its not too much to ask, do you think you can do a video with the camera stationary and have you drive away from the camera?

Thanks.

I'm hoping it doesn't sound like the gruppe M ones because I'm not a fan of that sound. However the APX exhaust looks almost identical but it sounds so much smoother and better. I wonder why.

hmmmm how interesting. I wonder what it sounds like exactly. If its not too much to ask, do you think you can do a video with the camera stationary and have you drive away from the camera?

Thanks.

I'll try and get one up tomorrow. I'll do a start up vid, 0-60 inside car, drive off, drive by...

I don't see any 3" V-bands on there.

The cool part of the V Bands to the right and left of the cannisters is that it gives you the ability to repack and adjust exhaust tips angles

SS flex couplers don't exist on this.

What grade of SS is this? Common 304 or something higher end like 316?

This looks like it might drone since the tubes taper into a smaller diameter.

I don't see any 3" V-bands on there.

The cool part of the V Bands to the right and left of the cannisters is that it gives you the ability to repack and adjust exhaust tips angles

SS flex couplers don't exist on this.

What grade of SS is this? Common 304 or something higher end like 316?

This looks like it might drone since the tubes taper into a smaller diameter.

I dont see any reason to need to adjust. I think they did a good enough job getting it right, right out of the box. Tips seem like they are placed and angled correctly. And if they weren't, I could just got to a muffler shop and have them adjusted (but that's not the case anyways).

The flex section would have been a plus, but I don't think it's 100% necessary. And for less than half the price I'm ok with no flex section. :)

Concerning drone, my thoughts match TTHardTimes "Drone is something that I know very little about. I am use to full blown race set ups so to me any exhaust at all seems reasonably quiet. The exhaust emits a vibration that is really only prevalent between 2500 and 3000 rpm. It doesn’t hurt your ears or make the interior of the car vibrate; you just feel it through the floorboard. When you let off the throttle, you experience a very pleasant sound (warble/rumble?) no weird noise there either. So as to if it drones, I don’t really know, draw your own conclusion from what I just stated. I did take a few people for a ride in the car and asked them if it droned and they said not that they noticed…. "

I think the exhausts (STMPO/Dali/GruppeM)are VERY similar so I would expect similar sound/weight/performance gains etc.

I really think that if what you want is a performance lightweight exhaust, this is by far the best bang for the buck. If you want something quiet with minimal power gains and minimal weight reductions... look elsewhere.

BOTTOM LINE: THIS CAR IS SOOOO MUCH MORE FUN TO DRIVE WITH THE EXHAUST!!!

Back