ak

Legendary Member
Can you guys shoot ideas about my next daily driver? Criteria:

1. Under $10k
2. Reliable
3. Not so slow(0-60 under 8 sec)
4. 4 door(but not must)
5. No DSM(Eclipse etc)

Not in a hurry to find but kinda out of ideas. I was thinking Audi A4 1.8T Quattro. Am I asking too much?

With under $10k budget, I don't think the Audi would fit the bill.

For a daily driver in your budget and preferences, try an early model 300ZX. They're pretty reliable and fast.

ak, how about an Accord V6 or an earlier 95-96' Acura 2.5 TL. Those are great and reliable cars.

I wouldn't get a 300ZX just because I've never had good luck with anything Nissan.

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock [503 RWHP, 545 RWTQ]

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

www.RacingFlix.com

Oh, one more thing....I bought a 01' Audi A4 1.8TQ and that thing was dog slow (it was even a 5-speed). I bought it new last summer and traded it in for the TL/S in less than 2 months of owning it. Just something about a 4-cyl engine...didn't feel fast.

-Awais

When I lived in Chicago my wife drove an A4 1.8T Quattro.

Funny thing was that I tried to get her to buy the TL, but she preferred the A4.

That thing was indeed slow, but it was her car so I didn't mind.

The main thing was the Quattro, which proved to be quite an asset during Chicago's winter months!!!

You should be able to find a good, very clean, well maintained BMW 325i for that type of money.

Great suspension, great performance (especially with the 5 speed), great brakes, and still holds its own with newer cars.

I just sold one as my daily driver that was a 92' (first year of the e36 model) and the new owner still loves it and emails me from time to time.

If speed and not performance is important you may want to concider the other car I resently sold - an early model Lexus LS400. Nice power from the v8, very comfortable, but in my experiance was not as reliable as the BMW.

Good luck - let us know what you find.

I think an older GS300 fits the bill nicely, your other logical option would be a Maxima (which is what I am trying to track down).

How about a Taurus SHO. If you can find one with low miles it should be reliable.

Originally posted by O-Ace:
I wouldn't get a 300ZX just because I've never had good luck with anything Nissan.

To each his own O-ace.
I've taken my Nissan 240SX to work everyday (with a loooong commute I might add) for the last 5 years.
I bought the car with 111,000 miles on the odo. As of today, it clocks in at 211,500 miles! On the SAME engine! That's right. I got out 100K more miles out of it on top of the 100k+ miles that previous owners already had on it.

Trust me, Nissan is very reliable.
wink.gif

Originally posted by fangtl:
I think an older GS300 fits the bill nicely, your other logical option would be a Maxima (which is what I am trying to track down).

I was thinking GS300....I wish TRD would make SC kit for that car, then I'd be all over it. For Audi A4 QT, I found this.... http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/stage3_long.html
smile.gif
I think I just need to stick to "reliability" and not "speed" but it's oh so hard....

Do what I did, get a 97-98 Prelude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ergos feel like the nsx...which is kool....+ you get 2+2 VTEC...slow? yes....but still under 8.0 sec

------------------
Auraraptor

1999 Honda Prelude "Mina" (finally the daily)
1998 BMW 750iL "Katrina"
1997 NSX "Nina"
1982 BMW 633CSi "Jessica"

1994-98 Acura Integra GS-R. Available in 2-door or 4-door.

With FWD, perfect for Chicago winters. Slap on a set of Blizzaks and you can go anywhere no matter what the weather.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 17 October 2002).]

Back