• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CV boot repair

I have sustained a small tear on the CV boot of the passenger side drive shaft. Looking for recommendations for shops that can replace the boots and not cost me an arm and a leg. I live in the Miracle Mile neighborhood but work in Culver City.

Cheers

Niguel Motors
27140 Cabot Rd, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
<nobr>(949) 348-2476</nobr>

It's worth the drive.

I have sustained a small tear on the CV boot of the passenger side drive shaft. Looking for recommendations for shops that can replace the boots and not cost me an arm and a leg. I live in the Miracle Mile neighborhood but work in Culver City.

Cheers

I just did mine last week.

If you're mechanically inclined and have an aircompressor to remove the axle-nut, I say do it yourself. It's almost the same as removing any other honda axle.

Follow Larry's steps here(http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/35795-Remove-rear-axles).

The hard part was the passenger axle has a heat shield with 3 10mm fasteners that you have to remove first.

You then need 2 pry bars at 180 degrees apart to pop both c-clips from the intermediate shaft.

Each boot kit at Acura is $30 each and was back ordered here in SD.

I dropped off the axle at my shop and they rebooted the inboard and outboard joints for $60 labor.

Be sure to take a picture of your camber bolt setting on the LCA.

The total job took me 6 hours.

I just did mine last week.

If you're mechanically inclined and have an aircompressor to remove the axle-nut, I say do it yourself. It's almost the same as removing any other honda axle.

Follow Larry's steps here(http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/35795-Remove-rear-axles).

The hard part was the passenger axle has a heat shield with 3 10mm fasteners that you have to remove first.

You then need 2 pry bars at 180 degrees apart to pop both c-clips from the intermediate shaft.

Each boot kit at Acura is $30 each and was back ordered here in SD.

I dropped off the axle at my shop and they rebooted the inboard and outboard joints for $60 labor.

Be sure to take a picture of your camber bolt setting on the LCA.

The total job took me 6 hours.

I do have both CV boot kits but no air compressor to remove the axle nut.

had one done by Ramon a week or two back. see if he can do it in an afternoon. If so, uber it to the beach for the afternoon!

Back