Custom coolant tank/ oil catch cans

HI, everyone. I want to get a coolant tank for the nsx.

So I talked to one of the shops here in Houston that does custom fab work. They can make it anyway you like, round, square, triangle, they also powder coat it if you want. They can make 2 tanks in one with coolant on one side and oil catch can on the other half.

What I'm trying to do is to get a group buy going so it cheaper. So I want to know who all would be interested, this way I can get a ball park on the pricing. 2nd what kind of tank would you be interested in (style, color, etc..)
Please post pictures so we can get a better idea of what you are looking for.

Once I can get about 10 people interested in getiing them I'll have the shop build one first and post up pictures or meet up in person to see how they like it and then if any changes are needed we can change it up accordingly then fill the order. If we can get 20 people to sign up than it'll be even cheaper. Shipping will be available at buyers expense.

Thanks
Rahim

Last edited:
Hey Rahim,

I'm interested! I don't care about the shape per say, but I'd like a polished finish. Not sure the function of the oil catch can, although, I've heard of them.

Regards,
- Z

Here are some pictures to give you ideas on which one you would like.

606151_15_full.jpg

coolanttank3.jpg

coolant_tank1.jpg

I like the round one, more efficient use of space and makes the engine bay that less cluttered/easier access to components.

If you can increase the coolant capacity too, I think that woudl be cool.

OK I am going to try and get measurements done for both style of tanks.

dali-coolant-tank-with-catch-can-preview.image.jpg

coolanttank3.jpg

1) Increase coolant capacity.
2) Put eye glass on coolant tank
3) ??

Keep 'em coming guys.

Thanks
Rahim

cost?

Continent on price offered, I may be interested!

Obviously, SOS & Dali Racing have their offerings... so an attractive price would be quite compelling!

Hey Rahim, any update? :smile:

sorry for taking so long. I finally got a chance to call them up. They quoted me a price for a polished round one with the baffle in it for about $250-275. I think that was a bit high but according to them the cost of materials keeps going up. I told him I don't know what kind of response I will get for that price.
So if you guys are still wanting in for $250-275. I can have them start on it.

Rahim

Re: cost?

Continent on price offered, I may be interested!

Obviously, SOS & Dali Racing have their offerings... so an attractive price would be quite compelling!

I have been looking on the SOS page but they don't show one. That's why I have been trying to get one made.

First one is done, I'll post pictures and prices soon.
Gonna take the NSX in tomorrow to get the bracket(s) made.

Rahim

Sorry to have taken so long.

Here are pictures of the coolant tank.
I weighted the stock and the aluminium one, they weighted the same.
I have been driving with this on for about 3 days now and everything is working well.
1) comes polished
2) comes with the billet cap
3) has a baffle in it
4) has extra mounting bracket for extra support. I have circled it in the picture
5) the final tanks will also come with the mounting bracket for the brake vacum hose that runs between the tank and the fuse box. I have circled it in the picture.

Orders take about one week to be sent out since these are hand made and the price is $249.99+ S&H If you are in town you can pick them up yourself. International ship is available.

If I can get 10 order then I can negociate on the price with them.

100_4037.jpg

100_4038.jpg

100_4040.jpg

100_4041.jpg

100_4043.jpg

100_4044.jpg

100_4045.jpg

100_4046.jpg

forbracket.jpg

bracket2.jpg

If you would like to see it in person we can arrange for a small meet for everyone that is interested in them.

Thanks
Rahim

Last edited:
Back