Current prices 97-98 model year

Hi just registered but have been lurking for a while now. Is roughly $35,000 give or take now the going amount for NSX's of that model years. The chart on NSX prime list those years for $40,000+. Thanks.

ball-park...

'97-'01 NSX-T 6spd' prices are contingent on the the following factors:

- mileage (~5k miles/year is considered average)

- maint'/service history (major services @ 4yrs/60k-miles & 7yrs/105k-miles, whichever interval [time -or- mileage] comes first, approx' ~$2.5k total for both)

- history (clean/clear title, accidents/collisions/paint-work/etc')

- wear-&-tear/consumable items (tires/brakes/clutch/floor-mats/etc')

- overall interior/exterior condition (paint-condition/wheels/seat-bolsters/consoles/carpet/etc')

- after-market parts & modifications (wheels/suspension/exhaust/headers/stereo/etc')

So, a '97 NSX-T 6spd' w/ average miles (~60k miles) & a full maint'/service history & clean/clear-title w/o any outstanding issues can be acquired for $35k - $37.5k, as of late. Obviously, +/- miles & deferred maint'/service and/or accident/collision/paint-work, along w/ mods' will affect the price.

Generally, an '01 NSX-T 6spd' w/ average miles (~40k miles) & a full maint'/service history & clean/clear-title w/o any outstanding issues can be acquired for $42.5k - $45k, as of late. Obviously, +/- miles & deferred maint'/service and/or accident/collision/paint-work, along w/ mods' will affect the price.

Therefore, '98-'00 NSX-T 6spd' models should fall in-between the aforementioned models' ball-park market prices. . .

(these are merely my observations of actual market-values & sales, as of late)

Last edited:
That '00 is NA2, even says it right in the VIN. I think you mean face lifted ('02-'05).

I'm surprised at the drop in prices based on how steady they held for years. In particular, there is a 2000 Spa Yellow that has a lower than normal price. It's been on the market for a little while and tempts me, but I'm just holding out for a few months for a NA2.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111896

Good luck with your search.

That '00 is NA2, even says it right in the VIN. I think you mean face lifted ('02-'05).

Just poor communication. I previously owned a NA1 (1995 NSX) and am holding out a while longer before buying a NA2 (1997 or newer). Thanks for pointing out how my post could be taken as unintended.

Personally, I'm still on the fence as to which type of NA2 I'd prefer. And Spa Yellow certainly looks cool but sort of screams "look at me". I'm starting to lean towards the Black and Silvers in my older age. The NSX body alone is enough to scream "look at me" in any color.:smile:

Just poor communication. I previously owned a NA1 (1995 NSX) and am holding out a while longer before buying a NA2 (1997 or newer). Thanks for pointing out how my post could be taken as unintended.

Personally, I'm still on the fence as to which type of NA2 I'd prefer. And Spa Yellow certainly looks cool but sort of screams "look at me". I'm starting to lean towards the Black and Silvers in my older age. The NSX body alone is enough to scream "look at me" in any color.:smile:

1997+ doesn't necessarily equate to being classified as NA2. All non manual (automatics) produced nsx's were still supplied with a 3.0 litre (NA1) motor despite the changes that took place in 1997+

Get a 97!!! you will recieve a free service at 75k thru your acura dealership.

I was informed by Jon Martin at cerritos acura..

It was due to a class action law suit for all 97 Honda's.

So only 20k more miles for me to go before i get a freebie!!

Get a 97!!! you will recieve a free service at 75k thru your acura dealership.

I was informed by Jon Martin at cerritos acura..

It was due to a class action law suit for all 97 Honda's.

So only 20k more miles for me to go before i get a freebie!!

You're kidding? .... if not WOW, ... i mean one reason i got my 97 it's b/c the previous owner did a MAJOR servicing, from A-Z .... wow, so once @ 75K I am IN (although i have almost 20K miles to cover) any links?

Oscar

Some have a higher value than others, just because of the car being a bit more rare than others.
An example is the '97 white all original at Houston Lamborghini. The white is rare, all orginal with no mods, more rare. These guys know it and have had this car for sale for a long time, with little movement on the price. $42,750USD. 27,000 miles.
This is a beautiful car, and knowing how hard it is to find a un-touched white NA2 NSX, the price is probably correct.

http://www.lamborghinihouston.com/vehicle_details.aspx?id=757&CAR=Acura-NSX-T

Mabe I shouldn't be sharing this...:confused:http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...onal&paId=285905162&recnum=33&leadExists=true

That white 1997 is gorgeous! Fun to simply stare at :cool: I wish it was closer to me as I would love to see it in person.

Some have a higher value than others, just because of the car being a bit more rare than others.
An example is the '97 white all original at Houston Lamborghini. The white is rare, all orginal with no mods, more rare. These guys know it and have had this car for sale for a long time, with little movement on the price. $42,750USD. 27,000 miles.
This is a beautiful car, and knowing how hard it is to find a un-touched white NA2 NSX, the price is probably correct.

http://www.lamborghinihouston.com/vehicle_details.aspx?id=757&CAR=Acura-NSX-T

Mabe I shouldn't be sharing this...:confused:http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...onal&paId=285905162&recnum=33&leadExists=true

He has gone down in the price somewhat since I first saw the car 2-3 months ago. I was on my way home and as usual I look over at the Lambo dealership which is next door to Hyundai....and I "thought" that I saw an NSX. Making a nervous and exciting u-turn I head back to their lot and sure enough....It is on consignment and the salesperson said the owner wanted $49xxx for it, but that he may take a little less. I asked if the timing belt, waterpump, etc. had been taken care of and he didn't know. We exchanged numbers and spoke the next day, but he still had no idea/nor found out if the service had been performed. So I left the idea alone. It's a nice and clean car with just over 26,000 miles. Interior and exterior look great and I still see it sometimes whenever they choose to park it outside...which is not often! I would love to own it, but....

saw the 97' NSX a few days back..here are my thoughts/comments:
- actually only has 26xxx miles (at least that's what the odo last read)
- recent inspection
- owned by elderly gentlman
- steering wheel was way off...maybe needs an alignment
- front bumper was repainted recently to repair a 'scratch'....however the entire bumper is more of a cream color..does not match the GPW at all
- spare tire is not secured...no mounting hardware that I saw
- battery appears to have a lot of corrosion
- interior seems dated vs 02+
- the trunk had to be 'pushed in' to hear the click to close...not like a conventional trunkthese were my impressions off the top of my head.

I am clearly not the nsx expert, as this is only my 2nd nsx test drive (1st one being a 04) Merry Xmas everyone!

Last edited:
why test drive with no intent of buying? bad battery and dated interior? welcome to an nsx:smile:have 2:biggrin: have to push in trunk on both. please dont slam or grab the spoiler:frown:

Last edited:
why test drive with no intent of buying? bad battery and dated interior? welcome to an nsx:smile:have 2:biggrin: have to push in trunk on both. please dont slam or grab the spoiler:frown:

actually, still considering the 97'..just wanted to share my thoughts and experience
would love to have 2...one as a daily would be great!:smile:
at the drive, i was shown to push on the spoiler to close!!:eek: Kinda suprised me, didnt think the spoiler would be metal (thought it would be fiberglass)

I was offered a mint 97 with less than 40K miles for $37K. It eventually sold for $38K. IMO sellers who are demanding $40-45K for 97-01 cars (which are essentially identical save for model year) are not seriously in the market.

Another data point: I offered 29K cash for a mint 91 with less than 40K miles, which was refused, seller would not go under $31.5K. It's been on eBay twice and Craigslist multiple times... still no sale.

Greetings

There is a Red 98 with Saddle interior at the Los Gatos Auto Mall - has 44K miles and they want $49K. It is a one owner car - owner traded it for a Ferrari 360. It has a new clutch. It is an NA2 with 6 speed. They did not know if the timing belts, etc had been changed.

Cheers,
Martin

fyi.. pushing the trunk in the center for it to close is the correct method. push lightly in the center of the trunk right abovev the center tail light (not on the wing) and it will click shut. Same for rear window. Do not try to drop close either!

Just ran across this thread. I am looking into the same 97 white at lambo. There is an offer higher than mine on the table. So if it does not go thru they may wholesale it to me.. It is EXACTLY what I have been looking for!:biggrin:

source, good luck with the saledon't forget to check the things I mentioned in my above postwhen I was researching that 97, it had a clear autocheck

Back