Current NSX Values

Riddleguy said:
What is the consensus on 95-96 NSX values?

I am in the market for a 95 or 96. I am not cheap but don't want to overpay either.

I would say $35k-$45k depending on mileage and condition IMO. I have seen a couple of 10-20k mile 95's for around $42k.

I wouldn't pay $42K for a 95-96 unless it had some add-ons you want. I'm buying a stock 97 with 23K in 9+/10 condition for 43K. It was a fair negotiation. The 97 is a major step up from the 95-96.

comtec said:
I would say $35k-$45k depending on mileage and condition IMO. I have seen a couple of 10-20k mile 95's for around $42k.
I would second that but would consider as low as 32K. I spotted a couple in my previous search in that price/year that I thought sounded good from the ad, but keep in mind I did not see them in person.
I did see one that was a 96 Black for 35K that was nowhere near as nice as my 91.
Always look at the car with your own eyes before any money changes hands.
Good luck!

I am looking for a stock example, with no more than around 60k miles. There was one listed locally, a '96 with 55k miles for $36,500. It was sold when I called (listed for only 3 days) and the seller declined to tell me what the sale price was.

Riddleguy said:
I am looking for a stock example, with no more than around 60k miles. There was one listed locally, a '96 with 55k miles for $36,500. It was sold when I called (listed for only 3 days) and the seller declined to tell me what the sale price was.

Did you see this IRS auction car that sales in a few days?
1996 red 4950 miles

I bought my 95 Red/Tan Auto with 54,000 miles at the end of September. I paid $36,000. See the following link for details:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...engine=&fuel=&doors=&style_flag=1&cardist=106

Based on other cars that I looked at, I felt I got a fairly good deal for a car sold in CA. The car is in generally nice condition and all services were up to date, and the owner put about $5K in maintenance and electronics into her recently.

Good Luck,

Mario

This past March I purchased my '95 NSX-T with 122k on the clock and $12k in fresh upgrades for $31.5k. For pics/details, see http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66476

For me, buying a '95-96 really boils down to priorities. My own priority was buying a tastefully modified NSX that someone ELSE had already dumped a bit of cash into upgrades for, as I spent well over $20k modfiying my first fast car in college. Since then, every fast car I've bought has been substantially modified by its previous owner, leaving me with little or nothing needing to be done, and a lot of extra $$$ in my pocket in the long run. This particular NSX was mildly modified, although it cost the previous owner over $12 G's for its upgrades during his year of owning the car :eek: It had 18/19 Iforged wheels, Comptech exhaust, Wings West body kit, HK airfilter, H&R springs, new custom black/tan leather interior, and upgraded sound system. Aside from some new Tien RA's that I purchased in May, and have yet to install:rolleyes:, I "only" plan to do headers and a perhaps a Comptech supercharger on top of its current mods.

I was primarily considering '91-94 models, but preferred the painted roof and targa of the '95-96, despite the slight performance loss due to higher vehicle weight and greater chassis flex of the NA1 targas (again, it's all about priorities). My NSX is far from my fastest car, and I decided that I wasn't going to prioritize power with this car, at least not initially (although a blower would be nice, lol). So big, pretty, heavier than stock wheels were acceptable to me. Furthermore, I did not expect to log many miles in the NSX, and mainly wanted to use it around town, so a higer milage NSX was also acceptable to me, as long as it was in excellent condition mechanically and cosmetically. Despite its milage, I still feel I picked up A LOT of NSX for a relatively small cash outlay. In almost 8 months of ownership, I've logged 4500 miles on the car.

Back