Current Best 2002+ Front Bumper OEM Replica?

I am ready to get started on my 2002+ face lift and need advice on what the best non OEM front bumper option currently is. I recently sourced an OEM hood from member rx7tonsx (who was great to deal with) and am now looking for the rest of the hardware.

I had posted a wanted ad and had a member that said he was going to sell me a front bumper 7 months ago but commination has been rough / non responsive.

So

I've been looking at this option but am open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Garage Kite makes an 02 bumper. Keep in mind that any of these FRP one-piece bumpers, whether DF, Kite or others, will likely require a good amount of fitting at the body shop. You may end up spending the money you saved by not buying the two-piece OEM. The OEM bumper pieces are available from Japan for about $2,000 plus shipping. Marc at Mita can source either OEM or Kite.

Honcho,

Thanks for the quick response (and getting the site back up and running to where people can post again!).

Getting an OEM bumper is what interests me the most....any particular shops in Japan that you think it would be best to overnight parts from?

The least expensive is Impex Japan, but almost all the new OEM parts on my Zero came from Amayama. They are slightly more expensive, but are like 99-level warlock packers. I have never seen parts as well packed as what they do. There may be issues with shipping large parts though and regardless of where you order, be prepared for some big shipping quotes. Marc at MITA Motorsports can do it too- he's about the same price as Amayama and can generally ship things the other shops refuse to do. All three are great resources for the community. You'll need to figure out all the little bolts and brackets, but the two main JDM pieces are:

71101-SL0-010ZZ (top)
and
71111-SL0-000ZZ (lower skirt)

Interestingly, the USDM top bumper (04711-SL0-A92ZZ) is showing up as in stock (and cheaper!) than the JDM, but the lower skirt looks like you'll have to get it from Japan. I would call Tim Poliniak at Acura of Peoria and see what he can get you locally. Then get the rest from Japan.

Hello! We recently just refreshed an NSX in Okinawa that did a headlight conversion.
There is more than just the front bumper that needs to be changed. You will need to also change the front fenders to the 2002-2005 models. The front fender cutout around the headlights are different; as well as the bumper braces if opting for OEM. The headlight frame is also unavailable at this time and underwent a 10x price increase from last year.

Fixed headlights are becoming scarcer these days as the only ones available now are the right-hand drive variants, though with changing the beam pattern, it can be made for left hand drive roads.

These are things to consider about doing the fixed headlight conversion.

I believe you meant the bonnet or hood would need to be changed not the fenders.
Fenders will also need to be changed as the headlights area are different from the fixed versus pop up.

I'm sorry but you are mistaken. I have done over 2 dozen of such conversions. The fenders in that area are exactly the same. The hood needs to be changed and the headlamp bucket on the apron will need a modification to accommodate the new headlamp adjuster. Here is a video I found that illustrates this.
After checking the parts diagram I would say they are not the same. However NA1 fender is compatible with fixed light, just needs some mounting brackets

fender.jpg

Left: pre facelift
Right: facelift (Fixed headlight)

The only difference would be that little brace in the front side of the fender according to the diagram
I'm also looking for Marc's explanation on this topic:)

As this YouTube shows that facelift bumper is compatible with pre facelift fenders

i think the most concern at this moment is the bumper frame...thats unreasonable price now
I think that Christian at ATR just got a bunch of new frames in stock. He posted about it on FB a few days ago.

Honcho,

Thanks for the quick response (and getting the site back up and running to where people can post again!).

Getting an OEM bumper is what interests me the most....any particular shops in Japan that you think it would be best to overnight parts from?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240801_151045_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240801_151045_Chrome.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 7
View attachment 192865

Left: pre facelift
Right: facelift (Fixed headlight)

The only difference would be that little brace in the front side of the fender according to the diagram
I'm also looking for Marc's explanation on this topic:)

As this YouTube shows that facelift bumper is compatible with pre facelift fenders
Excellent point.
This bracket was only found in Right-hand drive versions, while the Left-hand drive fenders, the front bracket is not there.

While it may seem like a minor detail, for those seeking a complete 100% conversion, changing the fenders is necessary. Right-hand drive NSXs may experience unevenness if the front fenders are not replaced, although this varies according to individual preferences for perfection.

1722577428544.png

Excellent point.
This bracket was only found in Right-hand drive versions, while the Left-hand drive fenders, the front bracket is not there.

While it may seem like a minor detail, for those seeking a complete 100% conversion, changing the fenders is necessary. Right-hand drive NSXs may experience unevenness if the front fenders are not replaced, although this varies according to individual preferences for perfection.

View attachment 192873
but can it be adjusted?

Excellent point.

View attachment 192873
Can you source all of the OEM parts needed for a 100% completed conversion on RHD? If so, how much for all parts to USA ?

fixed light fender discontinued.
Fenders are not discontinued. We had just bought some retractable and fixed styles, as well as the fender mirror versions.

I think that Christian at ATR just got a bunch of new frames in stock. He posted about it on FB a few days ago.

yep, the carbon version

Christian also had the OEM version in stock for both pop up and fixed headlights. It's a bit more expensive than the carbon one's he makes though.

Also for OP, I would just order the OEM front and lower bumper from an online Acura dealer. It may take a few months to come in, but will be 100% worth it quality wise.

Back