Currency Exchange

Mabuhay from The Philippines!

Can't stay away from NSXPrime for too long... I miss NSXPrime and I miss my NSX at home!

Here's the question... where's the best place to exchange foreign money and get the best exchange rate? (Philippine Peso to US Dollar) Your bank? Local money exchange? Where?

And if you are in San Diego CA... where do you go?

Thanks in advance guys! (Man I hate dial up!)

i always get the best exchange rates at banks, because they usually have a standard markup on the day's bank rate...something like 2% for most banks i've used.

stay away from the gougers at the airports, if you can.

if you make purchases, use your bank card or credit card where possible, because then it's a bank-to-bank transaction and you'll get the bank rate for those items.

american express has offices where you can change money, also, and they give a decent rate, although a little higher than banks. unless you're changing megabucks, the difference probably won't be worth the trouble of the chase.

be sure to include the cost of the exchange in your expense report, too!

------------------
dave
94 black/tan

Originally posted by frunobulax:

if you make purchases, use your bank card or credit card where possible, because then it's a bank-to-bank transaction and you'll get the bank rate for those items.

This is definitely the best exchange rate you will get - use your credit card! If you have an atm card, use that at an affiliated "hole-in-the-wall" machine to get actual cash for spending money.

Heh heh.

Depending on where you are in the P.I.
If you're around a city called "Divisoria" (near Cubao) there's a black market around there but you gotta keep your eyes peeled to know where it's at!

You didn't hear this from me.
wink.gif

Back