Curious to see...

I'm not entirely sure where to post this so I figure I'll start here and the moderators can move it to wherever it should be =)

I'm curious to see pics of 1991 Silver/Ivory combinations. I noticed that there were only 9 of them made according to that production number chart.

How hard do you guys think it would be to find one of the 6 manuals?

I hadn't realized that color combination was so rare until about five minutes ago lol... I had really only been thinking I'd want a 91-93 because I like the black roofs. I wanted silver because it's not a pain in the butt to take care of like my blue car is right now... and I like the Ivory interiors...

But anyway, even if I can't find one, I'd like to see some pics =)

thanks
april

April,

Welcome to the forum! As for a pic of a 91 Silver/Ivory you can look at the owners gallery:
This is a close up of Mile Salheb's car...

http://www.nsxprime.com/Gallery/owners/msalheb/miled_salheb.htm

http://www.nsxprime.com/Gallery/owners/msalheb/miled_salheb.htm

As for finding one, just keep checking the for sale forum here... there are some sebring silvers but with blk interiors. I personally prefer the black interior because it ages better and shows less dirt/wear.... but good luck in finding one....
as for the black roofs, all coupes have black roofs (unless the previous owner painted it to look like a targa).

Cheers,

Recently a fellow joined the NSX Club of America with a silver/ivory 5-speed. I put him in touch with Miled. What's ironic is that his car was the next one after Miled's on the NSX assembly line (consecutive VIN) and he works for Miled's employer in the same office complex.

Jim W. in Texas, who posts on the e-mail lists, also owns one.

I don't think any of them is interested in selling. I think your chances of finding one for purchase are very slim.

thanks!!!

Yeah I know it would be hard to find... =) But this will be replacing a car that I love dearly so it would have to be exactly what I want or I couldn't do it. I already tried just getting a s2k to replace the car with and ended up trading the CL we had to get the other one back...lol

Friend of mine suggested just finding a silver (any year) and swapping out the interior to make it like I want.

As for black holding up better, I'd agree... but the ivory is so damn elegant. Just looks yummy everytime I see one with it. I don't want black... too hard to keep clean. Red + me = more tickets than I get now. White just doesn't do it for me. I like the basic colors so... silver seems to be it for me.

It's always nice to hear a lady interested in owning such a "sexy toy" as an NSX. Welcome!

I agree that if you can't find a silver/ivory combo, just get a silver/black and maybe reupholster the leather to ivory. It's worth a shot!

I just love cars in general but the NSX has been "it" for me since I first saw one when I was 18 =)

Here's my current toy...

01electronblue.jpg

Obviously not the same as a NSX but she's pretty to look at. Just not fast enough for my tastes.

And here's the s2k I had for a short period of time
Pb020016.jpg

I enjoyed how it drove but there was just something... not me about it lol Too little? convertible? Kept blowing the oil cap off and honda couldn't fix? I dunno... I had it 3 or 4 months and it was gone. Not long and sleek enough I guess. Oh... and the cops knew me by first name too so that was a problem.

I'd most likely keep the Prelude as a daily driver and get the NSX to play with on the weekends. Have my two favorites in one garage =) I'd be a happy woman then!

Clean looking Prelude!! Wish I could afford one of those also. You know, I've always considered the S2k and Prelude to be little bro's of the NSX. I used to have a 1995 Prelude vtec and my NSX sometimes reminds me of it. :p
Regards
Z

Nope... I don't work at all right now. I'll be going back to work soon though and Honda was one of the places I was considering.

About a month ago, there was a '91 silver/ivory for sale on ebay and it had a relatively low BUY iT NOW, I think $30,000. The catch is that it has a salvage title, but was supposedly rebuilt very well. I have a '91 silver/blk and although I like the rarity of the ivory, I kinda think it doesn't compliment silver too well & looks more luxurious (as Bobby Trendy would say) rather than sporty. I can't picture for instance a carbon fiber dash in an ivory interior, not to mention it's a bitch to keep clean--just my opinion!

LOL... well that's true. I can't see carbon fiber with that either...

I won't buy ANY car with a salvage title though... no matter how much I may want a color combination.

I'm pretty sure it'll be silver/black in the end... =)

QWKSLVR said:
although I like the rarity of the ivory, I kinda think it doesn't compliment silver too well & looks more luxurious (as Bobby Trendy would say) rather than sporty. I can't picture for instance a carbon fiber dash in an ivory interior, not to mention it's a bitch to keep clean--just my opinion!

As an owner of an NSX with an ivory interior, I agree that it's not as easy to keep looking clean as black. However, I don't think of black as "sporty"; it's just a darker look, and tends to make the leather fade into the background rather than standing out. And I try not to imagine a trashy looking carbon fiber dash degrading a nice ivory interior or a nice black interior.

Back