Curious. Do most of you sit straight ?

In the car, facing straight ahead, I mean.

I suddenly realized that I always sit on the left side-bolster-thing. Basically facing the front-center of the car rather than facing straight ahead. If I twist a bit to the left, I slide further back snug into the seat.

Wondering if most people out there sit facing the center like that ? Random observation I guess. Now I make a point of always aligning my butt :-) and pushing myself into the seat.

hmm.. not an attack on you but what you describe sounds uncomfortable to me.. I don't think I could drive like that even if I had to. :)

I sit dead center and as far back in the seat as I can. That way I feel the maximum possible support from the excellent stock NSX seat.

Yup, me too. In the NSX seats its not so much of a problem though, but in my CTR, the bolsters are more high up, and start to hurt me outer leg after a while, which reminds me to sit in the middle of the seat.......

btw, always sitting to the left.......

I see it a lot, but right instead of left... It's a 'Johny' thing here. People sit in the right side of the seat, one hand on the steering wheel, loud techno or hip-hop music, Kappa-trainer-shirt and a nike-cap and sun-glasses... possibly also an earring in the left ear. diving most of the times A VW golf (or rabbit for USA-ers)... Men I hate them! :mad: I've started fights for less :rolleyes:

I dunno but this pix displays how one should show others how to sit in a car. wadda ya think?

skyguy

Attachments

• crazy driver.jpg
    crazy driver.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 431
Hugh said:
Do you have different sized butt cheeks?
:D

ROFL. Not really :-). This seating position non-issue is not really worthy of a thorough analysis, but two things.

Guess we'd intuitively like to get a more balanced view and automatically turn a bit to the right (in the US. In Japan I guess ppl would be rotating a bit to the left)

The one leg that always provides feedback and maybe reminds the muscles to push themselves back is the leg on the throttle. So the right side gets itself pushed against the seat more.

Who knows. Guess not many care. In any case, these days I just cannot avoid adding that to my pre-flight checklist.

No pedestrians when I back out?
Cheeks in bucket?
Cell phone ?

Back