Cup Holders? What are the options?

I have a 91 and although I love the car, I find one serious shortcomming. No Cup Holder! What options have folks used to resolve this issue? I've seen a Dali aluminum holder for about $50 that mounts to the brake. are there other options that have worked well?

I am also curious about if some of the newer models had cup holders, how/where they fit and of they can be adapted to a 91.

your opinion would be gratly appriciated.

thanks!

Ojas said:
The one offered by Ultimate Cupholders looks nice and fits an NSX.

Or you could do what I did and make a super-cheap cupholder out of a bar of aluminum... :)
I got one from the ultimate cupholder, but it did not work very well due to the shallow trans. tunnel. I use it in my MB S600 instead, It may work better when you are sitting farther back. Short fellow like myself should look at other options. Your homemade ones looks very promising. :D

try a roll of duct tape on the floor.
EIFFEL said:
I got one from the ultimate cupholder, but it did not work very well due to the shallow trans. tunnel. I use it in my MB S600 instead, It may work better when you are sitting farther back. Short fellow like myself should look at other options. Your homemade ones looks very promising. :D

I have a 97 but I assume this is the same for all years. I found a 12 oz can of soda fits perfectly snug between the driver's seat and the sill. You find the sweet spot with the can, then push forward a little and it pretty much locks into place. If I don't have my diet mountain dew in the morning, I'm afraid I might go ballistic!

I have the dali cup holder, and it works well. But every time you use your E brake, you have to take off the cup holder. It holds starbucks coffee cups, small waters bottles and small soda cans very well. All the other bigger sized drinks won't fit.

Do you have the larger Dali cup holder ring? In case you or other NSX folks don't know, there are two sizes. ;)

Ennesssex said:
I have the dali cup holder, and it works well. But every time you use your E brake, you have to take off the cup holder. It holds starbucks coffee cups, small waters bottles and small soda cans very well. All the other bigger sized drinks won't fit.

Just a word of caution on the ultimate cup holder. The person who previously owned my car had this cup holder somehow interfere with the shift cables, and he couldn't shift into reverse, and it took a while to figure it out! :eek:

After looking at the ultimate cupholders page, I ordered the Fischer cupholders shown
on the "Have a vehicle not covered?" page. Two of them should fit perfectly on the inside of the glove box door. I'll try to post pictures if I ever get them installed... :-)

Too late since you already ordered something, but I've been happy with a product I bought at Target. It's a small canvas holder that sits on the pass. side floor with a strap you can secure around the seat bottom and velcro like material on the bottom to keep it from sliding. Has two movable dividers and can hold two cans or bottles plus cellphone, garage opener, or what have you. I believe it was ~$5-$9.

Nate

Like Tom, I also like the ultimate cup holder. Works well and you can position it so that it DOES not mess with the shift. I also have the Dali, which holds my cell phone and radio on club drives. :cool:

Back