Cup holder; Thom's Custom

Didn’t like that I can’t have a suitable holder for my cell phone or bring my coffee with me to work, or going through the drive through, or __________ ( you fill in the blank); little tray is useless.

Didn’t like the cup holder that hangs off the emergency brake, yikes!
Took apart the center console to find an amazing amount of room, enough for a cup holder, hmm…didn’t like that wasted space

Makes you wonder why Honda didn’t use this space correctly; autos might not have this space though

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• SSPX0350.jpg
    SSPX0350.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 388
  • SSPX0352.jpg
    SSPX0352.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 305
  • SSPX0332.jpg
    SSPX0332.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
That's awesome Thom! Very nice work. I'm sure you'll get inundated with requests to sell them!

That is sick! Best solution I've seen yet....make the cup well in black too and I'll take one. I'd get a patent on that before someone else "borrows" your idea! :mad:

Honda made one after 93 and its closed unit so the cup would not get in the way of the gearshifter.

Never the less a job very well done, i like it :)

Awesome Thom, we are neighbors......I will need one of those....Maybe make a matching snap in matching cover.:cool:

First, let me explain that it is made of all 6061-t6 billet aluminum. It all could have been coated, but I chose to leave the cup portion billet. See it in person and you more than likely agree. This thing is one of a kind; took me a long time machining it. To recreate this, someone who has good glass experience could make a mold of my center and have this more easily produced. I’d gladly offer to work with someone.

Like the camber kit I made, it starts off with things I want for my NSX. If others like it enough, I can manufacture it.

Thanks for the accolades. :biggrin:

I'll put money down... How much?

First, let me explain that it is made of all 6061-t6 billet aluminum. It all could have been coated, but I chose to leave the cup portion billet. See it in person and you more than likely agree. This thing is one of a kind; took me a long time machining it. To recreate this, someone who has good glass experience could make a mold of my center and have this more easily produced. I’d gladly offer to work with someone.

Like the camber kit I made, it starts off with things I want for my NSX. If others like it enough, I can manufacture it.

Thanks for the accolades. :biggrin:

i'll take one, please.

Thom, great work. Someone actually did one like this a few years back. I think it was a sebring silver NSX. I'm pretty sure it was a one off custom deal. I've already wanted something like this.

It looks nice, but I don't see how I'd be able to shift comfortably with any reasonably sized beverage container in that location.

It looks nice, but I don't see how I'd be able to shift comfortably with any reasonably sized beverage container in that location.

Well, fortunately, it's a one off, so you need not worry about it. :biggrin:

Here is my cup holder and cell phone holder.

IMG_3364.JPG

Ok all we need to do is change the cell phone holder to an IPOD docking station and wallllaaaa the NSX is brought into the new century, tape deck and all. :tongue:

Seriously, this is sweet. I am sooo darn tired of trying to drive with a Starbucks grande latte and NO freakin cup holder. Either of these look like they would be perfect. Let the manufacturing begin! :biggrin:

Here is my cup holder and cell phone holder.

IMG_3364.JPG

Very nice implementation on both of these! For those who'd rather not cut into their console, check if zetoolman is still offering his cup holder that attaches to the right side of the console. This was the first "mod" I did when I bought my NSX - can't live without the cup o' joe on the way to work. When it's not in use it stores easily in the console. A search should find the thread for these.

Back