CTSC Zanardi #10 16k miles for 65k

The car was in an earlier Comptech ad in one of the NSXCA monthly mags. I have corresponded with the original owner and have bought NSX stuff from him as well. He's a very nice guy. I think he's selling it because he hadn't driven it much since the last NSXPO that he attended.

Since it looks like Mark Basch did some work on the car, you might check with Mark on the service history.

Originally posted by nsx1164:
This sounds like, and MAY be, John Foster's car.

If it is, then I think this is a GREAT deal.

It was. And it probably is a great deal. BTW, I've got a dyno chart from that very car. It was putting down 355 RWHP - enough to convince me to get a CTSC for my Z also!

[This message has been edited by Number9 (edited 29 May 2002).]

It sold for the asking price of $65K to a buyer in Virginia. Anyone on these Forums ??[/B]

Yes. I'm the Virginian who just purchased John Foster's Zanardi NSX. I'm totally new to the NSX world and recently decided to purchase either a Ferrari 328GTB (a neighbor let me drive his) or a Porsce 911.

At the last minute, I felt an urge to check out an NSX so drove two hours to Baltimore and drove a Zanardi at Prestige Imports ($65K). It was the most thrilling driving experience I've ever had...in spite of previously owning two M-3's (including a 2003), a BMW M-Roadster, and a 911. When I returned to the dealership, I asked if I could drive the new Carrera C-4 for comparison purposes. It was no contest! The NSX felt superior in every category that was important to me.

As for my neighbor's 328, it was beautiful, but between the pedal position, the gated shifter, the cost of ownership, and the modest performance, I decided to go with the NSX...especially since the NSX was equally beautiful to me.

I saw John Foster's Zanardi on eBay and it seemed like an outstanding deal considering all the Comptech mods, etc. After experiencing the thrill of a stock Zanardi, I can't imagine what this one will be like.
The head mechanic at Comptech was very familiar with the car and said the #10 Zanardi was the "single nicest NSX we've ever had in our shop." That cliched it for me. Plus, John is the nicest seller I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

My car is supposed to arrive Wed. and I can hardly sleep at night...I keep telling myself it's only a pile of metal (aluminum alloy), but the other side of my brain remembers that half-hour ride in Baltimore!

I've never actually met anyone who owns an NSX. Are there any events planned in northern Virginia? Any owners close by I could hook up with? Anyone willing to give me some private driving skills lessons? I live in Winchester, about 75 miles west of DC. Thanks.

Welcome, and congratulations on your recent purchase. You have a rare and nicely setup ride (probably one of the few SC-Z with 4.55 R&P), one I am sure you will enjoy.

John's a great guy, and I've purchased NSX parts from him in the past. You will not find any better a "prior owner".

I'll let the folks from the Mid-Atlantic area chime in, but there are several NSX owners and enthusiasts in your area, including the great guy who runs NSX Prime. I'd suggest you trying some of their events -- they are a lot of fun.

Enjoy the drive...

------------------
Manuel C
www.geocities.com/mcantoria/mc-toys.html

sig-front-top-100h.jpg
sig-left-front-100h.jpg
sig-rear-100h.jpg

Originally posted by SCZanardi:
I've never actually met anyone who owns an NSX. Are there any events planned in northern Virginia? Any owners close by I could hook up with? Anyone willing to give me some private driving skills lessons? I live in Winchester, about 75 miles west of DC. Thanks.

Congratulations on the new car.

There is an S2000/NSX dyno day near DC in a couple weeks: http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004948.html

A number of DC-area owners are also planning to get together sometime in July. I will make sure you get copied on the details via e-mail when everything is finalized!

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 03 June 2002).]

SCZanardi,
Congrats on the new ride. I had a good friend who owned a Comptech supercharged Z and it was AWESOME! I had the pleasure of seeing the #10 car at NSXPO 2000 in Atlanta and it was exceptionally nice. I'm sure you will be very happy with your new purchase. Enjoy and perhaps we'll see you in November at NSXPO 2002! Best of luck,
Scott McKay
'94Brooklands Green/Onyx

[This message has been edited by TampaBayNSX-R (edited 03 June 2002).]

Congrats to you, SCZanardi!
smile.gif

The Z is really something, ain't it? In case you have a change of heart, give me a holler and I'm more than happy to take that #10 of yours off your hands..
biggrin.gif

BTW which # was that Zanardi in that Baltimore dealership you've visited anyway? Just curious...

------------------
1999 Zanardi Edition NSX #50
2001 Silver/Red S2000

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 04 June 2002).]

Back