CTSC old vs new

I have (or will have on sat.or sun. :D ) a 96 nsx with a ctsc on it from 97. I was wondering what updates have been done to the newer ctsc. Also at idle it seems quite loud :eek: (raddle raddle) sounds fine past 1500rpm is this normal? Anything I should check? Thanks to everyone on the prime. Lots of good info here!

Congrats on your new acquistion. The older Comptech blowers do tend to rattle at idle and low rpms. I've always been a little put off by that characteristic. Having said that, keep in mind they don't all do that. Some are nice and quiet which is a little perplexing. As for reliability they are very good, I would even say the best overall for forced induction systems. I have heard of a couple blower bearing failures but they are rare and to my knowledge Comptech made good on them. I'm sure there are several owners running the CTSC who will be happy to share their observations with you. Enjoy your new car!
Scott

Take the car to the dyno to have all the numbers checked out. You can never be too sure on who did the install. Also, if you have one of the older CTSC's you should be good for 15-20 extra hp/tq over the newer designs. Let us know how it all works out.

Back