Cruise Control not working, brakelights not working.

My cruise control doesnt work. The indicator light comes on, but when I press SET, nothing. Also found out my rear brakelights dont come on when I depress brake. I checked the brakelight fuse, thats ok. I could not find the cruise control fuse. My car is a '97. Any help appreciated. My mechanic said it is most likely a faulty brake switch. Thoughts?

B@t™

Your stop light switch sounds like it went bad. In some systems it is even tied to the cruise control. I know on most other Honda's it looks like a little bomb trigger and it is clipped on to a bracket above the brake pedal. It should come off with a twist if you plan on replacing it. Not having brake lights is dangerous.

hmmmm it is suppose to light up all the time regardless of it needing a key in the ignition or not. I know on some of the aftermarket ones in others, the switch gets stuck in the closed position. Closed basically is the brake pedal in the resting position, and when you step on the brake, the switch pops up because it is spring loaded and the light comes on.

Back