Credit Union says that a 1996 Acura NSX doesn't exist and the vin doesn't register..

EAC

Legendary Member
My Credit Union approved the loan this morning, but a Acura NSX doesn't pull up in their system and the VIN doesn't register. What the hell is that about? :eek:

Last edited:
Re: Bank says that a 1996 Acura NSX doesn't exist and the vin doesn't register..

My credit union had the same issue with my D90. I guess they did some research on it and eventually approved it.

Re: Bank says that a 1996 Acura NSX doesn't exist and the vin doesn't register..

Did your bank say a 1996 NSX doesn't exist or the VIN provided doesn't exist? Is there a 0 (zero) or O ( after the letter N) in the VIN? Sometimes that's where the mix up occurs.

Did your bank say a 1996 NSX doesn't exist or the VIN provided doesn't exist? Is there a 0 (zero) or O ( after the letter N) in the VIN? Sometimes that's where the mix up occurs.

They said neither one existed.

Here is the VIN, jh4na1183tt000380

I own my car outright, but I asked my Credit Union how much they would give me against the NSX.
Same thing they couldnt pull it up from the VIN or any of thier programs. After just a few minutes, she decided to look up NADA and offered me loan value of $55k, if I wanted to take a loan.

So tell your C.U. the same thing, look up NADA.com. Maybe that will work.

Perhaps the number was transcribed incorrectly. Get a clear pic of the VIN plate, or a copy of a prior title or registration document to confirm a character was not misread.

She found it! Woohoo! :biggrin:

It was listed as a classic car, weird? What's that all about?

Last edited:
She said it wasn't a issue with NADA, it was that the NSX was listed in their Classic Car section.

I thought a car had to be 30 years old to be considered classic?

Back