Credit Fraud

I have reason to believe that there is fraud going on with my credit. The reason being is I went to Best Buy to buy a TV. I Applied to there credit department to have a Best Buy Card. I was ask to speak on the phone to the people who approve credit to verify my address because I just got a house in Palmdale. So they told me that they did not have that address in there records so went ahead and told them my previous address and they told me that they had that I lived in New Hampshire.

I am going to write to the 3 major creditors but I want to know if you guys have had something like this happen to you and just to get some advice on what I should do.

Before you even write the bureaus, I think you should get a copy of your credit report from each of the 3. They will provide this at no cost to you if you suspect information was recently incorrectly submitted. Besides credit information, the report will list past addresses. It would be interesting to see if the NH address is listed and when this was changed. They will also provide instructions on how to correct incorrect information, address fraud, etc.

Back