Crawfish Critters in Southern CAli?

:eek: I could believe myself when I saw a sign posted along side of the street that "LIVE CRAWFISH AVAILABLE FOR $3.99/LB". Keep in mind that this sign is in southern cali....in August!!! waaay OUT of crawlfish season in Luisiana. But yet, these little critters are available in southern cali? :eek: :eek: Jumping jupiter!!!!Anywho, I picked up 10lbs, a bag of cajun seasoning, and a bottle of wine. Went home, break out the pot, put those critters to sleepin in boiling seasoning water, and 20mins later.........yummmmmmmmyyyy....yum...yum:D

Yeah they are getting kind of popular around here. There's this place on Brookhurst near Hazard called Artist that gets packed on wednesdays for Crawfish night. Just saw a Foodnetwork show on crawfish and I guess you can get softshell ones, too.

PoohBEAR said:
:eek: Went home, break out the pot, put those critters to sleepin in boiling seasoning water, and 20mins later.........yummmmmmmmyyyy....yum...yum:D
I don't remember hearing the dinner bell!!!

hahaha...no need for the bell for something like that. Heck, we need to throw a cajun party gathering. What do you think scott? hahahahah

ss_md said:
I don't remember hearing the dinner bell!!!

Brookhurst and hazard? hmmmm...i dont remember seeing anything like that. But Crawfish Company on Trask/Brookhurst behind Nicolas Cheverolet opens 7days a week.

It's a little place, if you're heading south from the 22 on Brookhurst, you will see it on the right hand side. It's got a funky artsy looking sign and sits right next to Vien Dong restaurant. Wednesday is crawfish night and it's an interesting experience. Cheap, too like $5 a pound cooked so you don't have to murder the cute little bugs.

PoohBEAR said:
hahaha...no need for the bell for something like that. Heck, we need to throw a cajun party gathering. What do you think scott? hahahahah
If you cook it they will come
:D :D :D :D

I have to check this out!!!!! perhaps, this would be our next "get down and dirty" NSX gathering:D

Malibu Rapper said:
It's a little place, if you're heading south from the 22 on Brookhurst, you will see it on the right hand side. It's got a funky artsy looking sign and sits right next to Vien Dong restaurant. Wednesday is crawfish night and it's an interesting experience. Cheap, too like $5 a pound cooked so you don't have to murder the cute little bugs.

PoohBEAR said:
I have to check this out!!!!! perhaps, this would be our next "get down and dirty" NSX gathering:D
Crawfish? Count me in! :D I'll bring the baby wipes so we can keep our cars clean after we eat!

Attachments

• crayfish.jpg
    crayfish.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
I'm in! I just cooked 1 lb of ettouffe last night. Yummy!

Back