Couple Questions

How does the NSX compare to a Corvette or other perforance cars and who in the LA./OC area works on them (superchargers/Turbos/exhust).
I love racing offroad but one day of racing you have to rebuild the hole car,Id love something I could go to the track and still drive around.

The NSX is better than any other car. :wink:

When you mention "off-road racing", you are referring to track racing, yes? Not dirt racing? the NSX is a great platform to enjoy on the racetrack. you can drive it there and drive it back and be comfortable doing it. It may not have the horsepower or torque of other modern cars, but it's performance lies in it's balance.

HTH

I race off road like in baja but I like the fact these NSX cars can be taken to the track and are still steetable.a NSX with a supercharger are they close to a vett

How does the NSX compare to a Corvette or other perforance cars and who in the LA./OC area works on them (superchargers/Turbos/exhust).
I love racing offroad but one day of racing you have to rebuild the hole car,Id love something I could go to the track and still drive around.

Here's what I remember from cars I've driven:

NSX vs. Vette: The vette dashboard feels large and obtrusive in realtion to the body. This for me negatively affects the fun factor. But I can see why some love that big V8 rumble.

NSX vs. Porsche: Porsches usually have to be pushed to be fun IMO. NSX is fun always, even at slow speeds (this is what makes it remarkable). This is very difficult to achieve. BMW has accomplished this IMO in the 3 series. I sold my NSX for a Carrera S. Stupid.

NSX vs. S2000: S2000 handles well but is tough to recover if you lose it; it has limits. Awesomely fun when you rev it. NSX feels luxurious by comparison. NSX better IMO.

An NSX with a supercharger is close to a vette in acceleration. It's a totally different car too! Really tossable - the vette is not.

Here's what I remember from cars I've driven:

NSX vs. Vette: The vette dashboard feels large and obtrusive in realtion to the body. This for me negatively affects the fun factor. But I can see why some love that big V8 rumble.

NSX vs. Porsche: Porsches usually have to be pushed to be fun IMO. NSX is fun always, even at slow speeds (this is what makes it remarkable). This is very difficult to achieve. BMW has accomplished this IMO in the 3 series. I sold my NSX for a Carrera S. Stupid.

NSX vs. S2000: S2000 handles well but is tough to recover if you lose it; it has limits. Awesomely fun when you rev it. NSX feels luxurious by comparison. NSX better IMO.

An NSX with a supercharger is close to a vette in acceleration. It's a totally different car too! Really tossable - the vette is not.
Thanks for the info.Id love to drive a NSX with 500wwhp,Ive raced a 550hp class 1 car thats 4300lb and that thing is a rockit.

I will have 400whp on my supercharger shortly but that is another story.

To answer your question a low boost SC'd nsx has straight line speed like a 08' corvette with the newer V8 engine. However, that is where the similarities end. The vette is a great car for the dollar but not a very good car right from the factory. The NSX has most categories beat on the vette except hp from the factory and easy engine modifications. A vette can easily make 600whp without even trying hard since it has double the engine volume to work with. The interior of a vette is not so good though. The seats, dash and steering all stink by comparison. The NSX handles much, much better and has more feeling with the road. I consider the new corvette's steering to be a little numb by comparison. However, for the money a corvette isn't a bad deal if that is what you want. I mean you can mod the vette to be something a little better and they can be great 1/4 mile track or road course cars with a nice suspension change. The NSX is a tad lighter than the vettes by 300 lbs. I believe. They are different cars but worth driving both to get your own opinion of them. Who knows, you may like the corvette more and that doesn't mean we were wrong but you were looking for something different.

To the person who says Porsches aren't as good as NSX's I think you need to drive the newer ones. I 997 turbo is an amazing car. I would take one of those in a heartbeat. Porsches are well engineered cars. I have never owned one but I plan to buy a turbo or GT3 some day in the future.

.. To the person who says Porsches aren't as good as NSX's I think you need to drive the newer ones. I 997 turbo is an amazing car. I would take one of those in a heartbeat. Porsches are well engineered cars. I have never owned one but I plan to buy a turbo or GT3 some day in the future.

I'm sure that finally the high-end Porsche's are better. My Carrera S with ceramic brakes and more power sure wasn't.

Performance cars are different things to different people. I have had a nicely modded 996 twin turbo around 550 awhp and as far a the speed and acceleration the NSX isn't even in the same ball park. That said I really like the NSX for it's comfort and lite feel. I like the idea that the NSX can be driven everyday and you don't have to worry about resale value as the miles pile up as long as you stay on top of the maintenance schedule. With the Porsche every time I take it out I feel guilty that I am reducing It's value with more miles. But your question was about tracking a car so my answer is the NSX may be a fine handling car for what it is But unless you highly modify it it will never have that rush of acceleration that so many of us love.

Wow. NSX vs Corvette? You are the first person to ever ask! :rolleyes:

So a search, please.

Back