Coupes w/kids.

Looking for imput from those of you that use a coupe as your daily driver and have kids. Currenly own a GS400 and my kids are way out of car seats (6 & 9) and I'm considering a 2door, but I've heard some concerns about functionality. You know, moving seats up for them to get out the doors. Scuff marks from feet on back seats and other impractical things. I'm not a Mr.Mom type whom has to drive everywhere but the back seats are used.

Any comments from those that have been down this road before or am I asking for too much.

Strange ? I know, but maybe some of you can help.

Thanks.

Tom, I just went down that road. Ended up buying a car only to get rid of it a week later. I have 2 kids, one is a tall 10yr old.
I tried all the coupes within a 50k price range. We would use this car on a daily basis, but it wouldn't function so much as the family car. The kids would however spend plenty of time in the back seats. I couldn't find anything with the room. The simply were not comfortable for my kids. Tried the G35. VW Golf GTI, Toyota Solara, RSX, CLK430, BMW 330ci.
Ended up with the Audi A4q 1.8T 5spd, so mom could have the fun factor.

Oh yeah the marks, getting in and out are a pain.
Good luck
Len

that would be my move as well......if a family is demanded, that's the closest i'll come to getting a sports car...

Back