coupe vs. '95 -T?

Hi there,
I've just found myself in the incredibly lucky position of acquiring an NSX, after very nearly getting a 328 GTS ferrari instead. The GTS simply isn't suitable for track work. That said:

I'd like to primarily drive my NSX on the street, though I'd like to start some track work. I've never raced before and will be doing the whole driving school trek before I'd use the NSX.

However, I'd also really like to have the NSX-T's convertible top. My last car was a '69 alfa spider and I'm addicted to open-air motoring.

SO, in your opinion, is there a real difference between a '94 or earlier coupe or the '95 nsx-T? I looked at the faqs and the '95 is heavier with a strengthened chassis, but the same engine output. Is this noticeable? Would it make a difference on the track or no?

Let's assume the price difference isn't an important factor between them.

Thanks for your help,
-Not Guilty

This alone tells me the answer:

Not Guilty said:
However, I'd also really like to have the NSX-T's convertible top. My last car was a '69 alfa spider and I'm addicted to open-air motoring.

Get the 95 NSX-T. Trust me on this.

Kevin
95 NSX-T red/blk

I agree; if you want open-air motoring, get an NSX-T.

However, before doing so, you might want to check with the groups whose track events you plan to participate in. There are some track groups which do not permit any open-top car on the track, and others which do so only if it has a full roll cage. There are many others which don't have these requirements, but it's worth looking into before you buy a car that you expect to take on the track.

There are some folks who feel the increased structural rigidity of the coupe over the -T (even for 97+ models, let alone vs the 95/96's) is significant. One individual here spent a long time hunting down a late-model coupe for this very reason.

That said, when you say you "really want the -T"... then what's there to think about? :)

with the roof on a 95-96 makes a fine track car!

Back