• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Couldn't stay away... Nouvelle Blue

Im back in an NSX... Decided I didn't want to wait 3-5 years before Chevy releases a C8 Z06 and it becomes readily available.

Saw this sitting on the showroom floor and went back and forth for a month. Finally was able to get it certified and work out a deal. Cant believe this thing stickered at 206k! Looks like it was leased during the fire sale.

This color is beyond stunning in person...

MC

Im back in an NSX... Decided I didn't want to wait 3-5 years before Chevy releases a C8 Z06 and it becomes readily available.

Saw this sitting on the showroom floor and went back and forth for a month. Finally was able to get it certified and work out a deal. Cant believe this thing stickered at 206k! Looks like it was leased during the fire sale.

This color is beyond stunning in person...

MC

So ya finally did it.

Nouvelle Blue is the most striking color.

Good luck and enjoy.

I sort of remember you were complaining so much about the NSX not being the car you wanted. I am not surprised that it got under your skin. Mine is optioned the same at $206k. I bet you didn't get it for the $90 you claimed at one time. Admit it, it is worth the money and more given the technology and looks. Glad you could make it to our side....

Best color! I have seen some in person and am very impressed.

I think people always associate red with sports cars but in my opinion blue cars stand out more without being too flashy.

I sort of remember you were complaining so much about the NSX not being the car you wanted. I am not surprised that it got under your skin. Mine is optioned the same at $206k. I bet you didn't get it for the $90 you claimed at one time. Admit it, it is worth the money and more given the technology and looks. Glad you could make it to our side....

all my criticisms about the car were always prefaced with how great the car is and how i loved mine (this is my third) Build quality rarity and perceived reliability makes the car worth a little more to me. Now if a flat plane crank V8 Z06 is really coming out I not give 2 ****s about build quality. And I ve always said the NSX would go no lower than 90K when responding to the threads where people were how asking how cheap the cars are going to get.

anyway...

Can we be friends now:cool:

MC

all my criticisms about the car were always prefaced with how great the car is and how i loved mine (this is my third) Build quality rarity and perceived reliability makes the car worth a little more to me. Now if a flat plane crank V8 Z06 is really coming out I not give 2 ****s about build quality. And I ve always said the NSX would go no lower than 90K when responding to the threads where people were how asking how cheap the cars are going to get.

anyway...

Can we be friends now:cool:

MC
Beautiful. I haven't seen a blue one in the wild.

You said you got it certified - did they add a CPO warranty (details?) or did you add the extended warranty that's now available?

all my criticisms about the car were always prefaced with how great the car is and how i loved mine (this is my third) Build quality rarity and perceived reliability makes the car worth a little more to me. Now if a flat plane crank V8 Z06 is really coming out I not give 2 ****s about build quality. And I ve always said the NSX would go no lower than 90K when responding to the threads where people were how asking how cheap the cars are going to get. anyway...Can we be friends now:cool:MC
You bet, and I will admit that a Z06 with a proper engine would dramatically improve the cars appeal. What will you want for your first mods?

Beautiful. I haven't seen a blue one in the wild.

You said you got it certified - did they add a CPO warranty (details?) or did you add the extended warranty that's now available?

I paid a little extra to make it an Acura certified preowned. Car went through the 190 point inspection. And they said the warranty is transferrable. They offered me even more coverage with a third party warranty company but I never trust those.

MC

Well first things first. It needs new shoes...

The Conti6 are out of stock so I ordered the PS4s

MC

I also had to immediately replace the rear tires at around 4500 miles when I purchased mine. I choose to go with the Mich as they carry a mileage warranty of 35000 miles. Costco said they would cover the mileage at half as the tires cannot be rotated. Seems like a no brainer. I find the tires to be tight and not rough at all. Thus far really happy with them. I ended up having the local Acura dealership add the tires. They really take their time and do a great job. The tires need to be forced balanced which the dealership will do. I did not get my car CPO as it came from a non Acura dealership. So that was smart on your part. The cars seem to be bullet proof in a similar way to the earlier NSXs. I recommend you invest in the SOS down pipes. It improves the sound and performance. Anything after that does not seem to make as big a difference. A lot of people have gone with the piggy back jc4? Though I have not been motivated as yet. The extended struts for the rear are nice to have and make it easier to get to the engine. I think someone is selling a set. If you are not going to drive the car a lot then investing in the trickle charger is not a bad way to go. The car requires a harness to allow the use of the charger. I have been told that the OEM battery goes for about 5 years. SOS also has a louder horn that is reasonably priced. Also of interest is the lift system. It is not cheap especially when you add the labor. The previous owner had the calipers painted yellow and pin stripped the carbon fiber outside edges in yellow as well. He also added a wide yellow stripe on the center of the hood and rear trunk. I had those removed. An oil change should be done at least yearly. Be prepared as it costs around $300. Also flush the brake fluid at three years. That was cheaper at about $150.

Last edited:
Yeah the rears are shot at 8k miles. Hopefully the michellins last longer. First thing I would do with my vettes is take off the crap Goodyear’s and throw michellins on them. Being as it is not leased will be daily driving this so hopefully I get my first rock chip out of the way soon.

MC

For what it is worth, I purchased 3m pro film precut for the NSX <$200. After some practice I was able to do half the hood and fenders. It has done a great job with rock chips. I went this route as the previous owner had gotten a rock chip. It was very time consuming repairing said chip.

@
For what it is worth, I purchased 3m pro film precut for the NSX <$200. After some practice I was able to do half the hood and fenders. It has done a great job with rock chips. I went this route as the previous owner had gotten a rock chip. It was very time consuming repairing said chip.

Well looks like the previous owner took care of that. The whole front hood fenders and mirror have a clear bra. Now if only he left me some new tires. These Contis are shot ...

MC

Actually looks like he did the entire car

MC

That is great. You saved a fortune as doing the whole car is really expensive. While many on this forum complain that the fully optioned car was/is too expensive, I think we are really lucky to have acquired same. It makes our cars more unique and special in my mind. I wonder how many 2017 NSXs were loaded at this level? I would think that to have achieved a MSRP price of $206,000 will require that the car be either Nouvelle Blue or Valencia Red.

That is great. You saved a fortune as doing the whole car is really expensive. While many on this forum complain that the fully optioned car was/is too expensive, I think we are really lucky to have acquired same. It makes our cars more unique and special in my mind. I wonder how many 2017 NSXs were loaded at this level? I would think that to have achieved a MSRP price of $206,000 will require that the car be either Nouvelle Blue or Valencia Red.

Yes it was a nice surprise. I did the math looks there were $50,500 in options. I think the only way to get above 200k was one of the 6k paint jobs. I suspect there were a lot of high option cars orders by dealers who anticipated a pent of demand for these cars. Seems like after 2017 dealers smartened up and you saw a lot of cars at 160k come in

MC

My NC1 had a $206.5k MSRP without SAT radio. Even a $19k Honda Fit comes with SiriusXM.

Yeah I know you can stream it to the infotainment, but that is another step that I don't like to do.

My NC1 had a $206.5k MSRP without SAT radio. Even a $19k Honda Fit comes with SiriusXM. Yeah I know you can stream it to the infotainment, but that is another step that I don't like to do.
Did your $206.5k include dealer added options? As for Sirius, I am happy to have the antenna built in, I even extended my subscription. Having said all that I have rarely listened to Sirius as Apple Carplay captures most of the music I want to hear, when I am in the mood. Most of the time I have the audio off and just enjoy the sound of the engine.

Did your $206.5k include dealer added options? As for Sirius, I am happy to have the antenna built in, I even extended my subscription. Having said all that I have rarely listened to Sirius as Apple Carplay captures most of the music I want to hear, when I am in the mood. Most of the time I have the audio off and just enjoy the sound of the engine.

The car was ordered by the craptascular dealer without the SAT antennae and I was told it was impossible to add on afterwards which I felt was comolete BS. All cars are built with the same electronic options built into the infotainment system. All you need to do is code in to turn on SAT radio and add an antennae. It was a compromise that I will never make again in any car I own. It's not that same being able to change sources using bluetooth as it is OEM.

I'm sounding like an old man who just wants everything OEM. I guess the mod bug has officially left my blood.

The car was ordered by the craptascular dealer without the SAT antennae and I was told it was impossible to add on afterwards which I felt was comolete BS. All cars are built with the same electronic options built into the infotainment system. All you need to do is code in to turn on SAT radio and add an antennae. It was a compromise that I will never make again in any car I own. It's not that same being able to change sources using bluetooth as it is OEM.

I'm sounding like an old man who just wants everything OEM. I guess the mod bug has officially left my blood.

I stopped SAT radio because over time I noticed the same about 100-200 songs were being played on the genre stations. I just use a 32 GB USB stick or stream from my phone. The S Zero is getting a bluetooth speaker for that purpose that can be removed for track days.

I stopped SAT radio because over time I noticed the same about 100-200 songs were being played on the genre stations. I just use a 32 GB USB stick or stream from my phone. The S Zero is getting a bluetooth speaker for that purpose that can be removed for track days.

I like listening to sports and political talk radio mostly. Maybe all I need is AM. :D

Back