Couldn't sleep last night so I pulled an all-nighter on my NSX

I picked up a set of KW V3's yesterday and a Dream Sports CF Spoiler last week.
Last night I started working on my car. Intended to do just the fronts as it was harder than expected. I started at 5:30pm and only did the fronts by 10pm. I was going to go to bed but continued to do the back (which where MUCH easier) and then decided to get my wing on with the help of my new heat gun (to help remove oem). I was done by 2PM and would do it all over. If I were to do the KW V3's again, I'm confident in getting it done in 2-3 hrs as this experience helped me a lot.

BTW, KW's ride INCREDIBLE.

Here are some pics that I managed to take. Helps having a 3 bay garage so I pulled the MR2 Turbo out and parked nsx at an angle to have plenty of space.

Enjoy.

Before starting:
IMG_5110.jpg

jacked her up and went to work:
IMG_5112.jpg

front one installed:
IMG_5126.jpg

My dog Nook chilling with me in the garage:
IMG_5128.jpg

IMG_5133.jpg

Remember to put rag over boot to avoid damage:
IMG_5134.jpg

OEM vs KW V3:
IMG_5136.jpg

back one installed:
IMG_5137.jpg

After (along with new spoiler):
IMG_5140.jpg

IMG_5141.jpg

IMG_5142.jpg

Despite smashed finger and cursing out loud and looking like a crack head in my garage in the middle of the night, I would do it again.

Last edited:
Diging your companion, was there special tools for this? What was the drop on this conversion? Also looking good with the lights..kb

Special tools that you need is just a spring compressor for the front. I couldn't have gotten it off without it. Rest off tools are standard allen/sockets an wrenches.

Also a 4 foot 2by4 and 6 inch 2by4 helped to pry suspension down as you wiggle shock off.

It lowered the car a couple inches. It looks like it can be lowered much more but I dont want to start killing my tires with camber.

So what parts / steps gave you a hard time?
The hard part was getting spring comresser in there good enough to equally compress and wiggle out. Also, make sure not to have bottom of shock get stuck and "strech" as you pry down on the rotors.

I would highly suggest it. Saying pretty good was an understatement. Honestly, these are the best coilovers I've had on any car. It is perfect for the NSX because they feel pretty normal during regular driving but comes alive on hard runs, launches and stopping. Everything just feels in control while nothing having passengers complaining on a harsh ride.

Back