Could this be the one?! '93 with 92k miles for $27k. Basch SCed. Yay or Nay?

I was dreaming of a b. black, but with my recent discovery of plastidip, I branched my searches to red and discovered this seemingly immaculate 93 with some pretty tasty mods. exactly how i want it. TB/WP done 2 years/19k miles ago. Complete engine rebuild has roughly 20,000 miles on it. Check out the original listing here. I dont comprehend a few of the mechanical terms he mentions. maybe yall can offer some insight.

http://smithmotorworks.com/item--1993-Acura-NSX-Supercharged--fs_nsx.html

If yall give me the go ahead, I'm pouncing on this puppy. Already got financing in the works. His title is being mailed to him and I'd drive the 200 miles there to get a compression test, leak down test and hopefully drive her home if she passes. after running the carfax too of course.

cars that are missing their front marque always scared me. screams front end collision and someone too broke to fix it right and reapply the Acura badge

- - - Updated - - -

always stored inside eh? does that neighborhood even look like a single home has a garage? i wouldnt be surprised if that car sits where it is til its sold with that driver window open. look at the carpeting. filthy. and the bunk air freshener on the floor. says to me its owned by someone who doesnt treat it right.

Am I missing something? The ad lists the price at 32k not 27k and the engine rebuild was 600 miles ago and not 20k miles ago. Has the seller altered the ad since you posted this thread?

Am I missing something? The ad lists the price at 32k not 27k and the engine rebuild was 600 miles ago and not 20k miles ago. Has the seller altered the ad since you posted this thread?

yes sorry, the current ad is 20k miles and 2 years newer and $5k less. I couldnt post the current ad because it is removed at the moment

yes sorry, the current ad is 20k miles and 2 years newer and $5k less. I couldnt post the current ad because it is removed at the moment

That raises red flags in my mind. A 19k change in miles since the engine rebuild and price drop combined with being a florida car makes this not pass my sniff test. Do you have the vin?

edit: The website lists it as being sold

Last edited:
That listing is two years old. The current owner bought it from the listing I have shown y'all. He put 20k miles on it in 2 years. It says sold because it was sold 2 years ago. Now it's back on the market by a private seller. Sorry I've been so vague

- - - Updated - - -

I've heard bad things about Florida cars, but this shop and the new owner seem legit. I plan on putting 20k miles on whichever nsx I purchase within its first two years so I don't see anything wrong with that

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I do have the vin. Nothing here on prime about it. Even google has never heard of it. Carfax says nothing out of the norm

Sounds like you already made up your mind. But I have to say I would do a PPI and all of my questions would need good documented answers. Modded cars always raise questions in my mind especially when the listing has so few pictures to discern it's real condition. It would be nice if they had the engine build documented. If it checks out and you feel comfortable with the deal do it and enjoy your NSX. I hope it all works out for you.

Sounds like you already made up your mind. But I have to say I would do a PPI and all of my questions would need good documented answers. Modded cars always raise questions in my mind especially when the listing has so few pictures to discern it's real condition. It would be nice if they had the engine build documented. If it checks out and you feel comfortable with the deal do it and enjoy your NSX. I hope it all works out for you.

thanks buckeye, i havent in fact made up my mind, I've always been the search til you know its the one kind of guy. So far I'm only 70% dedicated to this one. seeing it in person and driving it can make or break that 30%. I know i want one that is SCed, as I feel a stock one wont satisfy my need for speed and I dont wanna shell out the 10k to get one put on a stock car. However, obviously, if a stock one jumps out at an unreal deal, then I certainly wouldnt pass it up.

cars that are missing their front marque always scared me. screams front end collision and someone too broke to fix it right and reapply the Acura badge

- - - Updated - - -

always stored inside eh? does that neighborhood even look like a single home has a garage? i wouldnt be surprised if that car sits where it is til its sold with that driver window open. look at the carpeting. filthy. and the bunk air freshener on the floor. says to me its owned by someone who doesnt treat it right.

Everybody wants a "deal" on an NSX, this could be one of those. Could also be a pile of crap..

For those interested, I ended up picking this one up. Wasn't even aware GojiraPlease was looking at this one as well until after I had picked it up. So far so good. I picked it up in Richmond, VA and over 3 days drove it back to SLC, Utah. I've had someone do a quick tune on it as the AEM mapping was "the worst he's ever seen", as well as I failed my HC emissions by a huge margin. After the tune it runs much smoother and I passed emissions with flying colors. Same guy will be helping to power tune and dyno. Not sure how many Utah NSX owners are out there, but the guy I'm working with is Cortney Green if anyone is familiar with his work. GojiraPlease, have you found one that suits you yet? I was also set on black, but this one came along and I couldn't pass it up.

Hi!

I actually live about 15 miles form Smith MW. Hit me up and we can chat. I don;t know if you are still in the market but I havent seen an other red NSX's here in the panhandle. I visited Smiths shortly after purchasing my NSX for an after purchase PPI / oil change / tune up. Let me know if you found anything else or if you are sitll looking.

Back