Could someone check this out for me in ATL

Well, that was kinda fun! I stopped by and gave it a close look and also a test drive. Here's what I jotted down

73K miles, blk/blk with blk interior
stock 91 5-spoke rims
new tires with lots of tread
VIN JH4NA1153MT003089 (sales guy said he had the carfax from it)

My observations:

Exterior paint generally quite good for a '91. Some scratches and faded spots, scuff on left rear bumper. Nose looks very good. It was raining so there were water droplets all over the car so it was tough to be sure however.
Tinted windows
Stock brakes
Completely stock engine
Engine very clean - looks new, clearly the best part of the car
stock muffler, very quiet
rear glass didn't stay up, the pressurized support struts are worn out (typical). I used the engine cover to hold it up.
Starts and runs very well. Like new, really.
AC works well
Radio works (didn't test CD)
ABS worked - I tested it on rainslick roads. It activated and ABS pump immediately came on to recharge it, and ABS light never came on
Brakes worked well, no sideways pull when stopping hard w/out hands on wheel.

The interior has a few problems -

The driver's seat is noticeably beat. Bolsters are scratched and worn. No tears. Passenger seat looks quite good.
The shift boot is completely broken. The rectangular plastic piece that holds in the bottom of the boot is torn off so the whole boot is dangling. Looks really bad, but not too expensive to fix
The center console cover (around the radio etc) is wrinkled and beat, needs replacing.
The rest of the interior is in great shape. Didn't notice anything else not working or looking bad.

My overall feeling -

Mechanically this car is really good. The engine looks and operates like new. The clutch didn't slip at all, but it's not a grabby as mine. If you want a real looker of a car, you'd want to repaint it. I would want to fix the interior stuff too, I like everything looking good.

About the dealership -

This is a pretty large sized used car dealership in a prime location in suburban atlanta. When I showed up unannounced, they said the car was not on the lot because the owner was driving it. I said "You drive the cars you're going to sell?" and he said "He's the owner, he can drive whatever he wants". Then they sent a driver over to their other lot to retrieve the car for me to look at. They volunteered to let me take it for a test drive. They are friendly, and have been in business for quite a while so I don't think it's a shady joint. They are Kuwaitees (I asked). The guy I talked with was Ziad Sabra. He said they have had 4 NSXs recently, and the other 3 have sold.

Hope this helps,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, That really helped, I appreciate you taking the time to do this for me.

Sounds like you had fun in the rain :D

Back