Could a Turbo Charged NSX make this much HP and be this Fast?

FactorX offers a kit for 550 rwhp.

Their own car was close to 800 rwhp and running low 10s in the 140s.

Who Cares.....

.....about ten's in the qrtr mile - I would offer Armando's left (and right) testicle to have that Golf (say, did I mention I like the sport too?) as my track ride.

Re: Who Cares.....

AndyVecsey said:
.....about ten's in the qrtr mile - I would offer Armando's left (and right) testicle to have that Golf (say, did I mention I like the sport too?) as my track ride.

The question posed was can an NSX make this much hp, not what body parts of others you would give away to have that Golf . . .

And believe me when I say I could care less about quarter mile times or traps. I posted the information because I thought it was responsive to the question.

Have a margarita on me . . . please.

The question posed was can an NSX make this much hp, not what body parts of others you would give away to have that Golf

Please compare apple to apples. The Golf was on a road course. How does FX's qrtr mile machine compare? It doesn't, thank you, and that was my point.

I posted the information because I thought it was responsive to the question.

See above response.

Have a margarita on me.

Why thanks, didn't know I need an invitation. :biggrin:

I was wow'ed by the Golf on the road-course and thought that an NSX with similar power would be even more incredible on a road-course. But I do realize that reliability would be an issue.

Last edited:
You amuse me. Two margaritas for you. I insist.

Re: Who Cares.....

AndyVecsey said:
Andy thanks for thinking of me but you are 2 wives to late................

Armando

NSX-Tuner said:
Re: Could a Turbo Charged NSX make this much HP and be this Fast?

The original inquiry was if a turbo charged NSX could make 580hp and be "this fast" which one would assume to mean turning similar lap times, Escudo Pikes Peak Style, as the golf in the linked video.

That said, the simple answer to the inquiry is yes, although clearly the author seems to equate 'fast' most directly with engine output, which obviously is not nearly as important on most road coarses as increasing the average speed around the track. You know... it's probably just easier to answer with a straight "yes". :wink:

John@Microsoft said:
The original inquiry was if a turbo charged NSX could make 580hp and be "this fast" which one would assume to mean turning similar lap times, Escudo Pikes Peak Style, as the golf in the linked video.

That said, the simple answer to the inquiry is yes, although clearly the author seems to equate 'fast' most directly with engine output, which obviously is not nearly as important on most road coarses as increasing the average speed around the track. You know... it's probably just easier to answer with a straight "yes". :wink:

No, I don't necessarily "equate 'fast' most directly with engine output". But engine output is a major factor in straight-line acceleration out of turns and down straights. :D

NSX-Tuner said:
No, I don't necessarily "equate 'fast' most directly with engine output". But engine output is a major factor in straight-line acceleration out of turns and down straights. :D

Absolutely, that is built. That kid sure did have a big smile on his face when he came into the pits. I think he should put some neon on and FF stickers to further intimidate the other drivers and go with the night rider techno remix. :smile:

Last edited:
"Could a Turbo Charged NSX make this much HP and be this Fast? "

a quick answer is YES.

just look at Adam Saruwatari's NSX.

adam_nsx_burnout.jpg

I'm pretty sure we aren't talking drag racing or cars that scarcely even resemble the real thing. I'd be more impressed by one shot out of a big cannon. :rolleyes:

But as I said, the "video" is computer graphics, so even the car shown in the few real clips isn't "that fast".

Believe it or not, the answer is yes - there are already a handful of NSXes out here that can RELIABLY make well over 500HP. The power is set with the boost controller. Making the reliable power isnt the roadblock, its sticking it down to the pavement without blowing up the tranny , LSD, and CV\axles. Gerry Johnson has told me that the threshold of power the stock drivetrain (after the motor) can handle is around 510 (with pretty much equal torque).

After that, it can be seconds to minutes to hours, but its gonzo, period. Yes Factor X has a twin turbo 757HP car , you can see the 1/4 run they posted. It had a terribly slipping clutch, maybe thats why the drivetrain didn't explode.

But to put it down to the pavement reliably you need custom tranny, axles, lsd . . maybe $10K - $20K worth

that golf is insane....reminds me of the dahlback one :eek:
with that much power (traction)...becomes an issuse

I honestly think a Turbo with 420rwhp is more than enough for most people. I know the bbsc with 400+rwhp is scary to drive.

NetViper said:
I honestly think a Turbo with 420rwhp is more than enough for most people. I know the bbsc with 400+rwhp is scary to drive.
You have just begun to puff the GFCP. :eek: Scary thought, isn't it!

hehe, what ever happened to the red/black 1khpnsx that was in USCC a few years ago

At the risk of stating the obvious the Golf in question looks to be highly modified. It looks to be a track car with a full roll cage. I don’t think I’m going out too much on a limb to say that the suspension is probably modified and I think they may have done something to the engine.
So the answer to you question is. Providing you are able to modify the NSX to the same degree i.e. different brakes, suspension, engine, transmission, body etc etc then yes. However the same could be said of any car could it not?

Regards,

Patrick

Back