• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

COTA Lemans weekend

I am working in Texas this month and was thinking of going to the race. I have never been and was looking to get a little info on the track and or race. Maybe best parking and best seating area. Does any general admission ticket get access to pit area or do I need special ticketing. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Turn 12 and Turn 15 are the BEST for seating. Parking just depends on how much you want to spend. It should be easy for LeMans wknd since there will be less traffic.

^ +1 to what ritesh said. I've been for v8 supercars and SRVA races and was able to roam around the 'extended' pits and what not. Not sure how pit access will be for lemans though.

Turn 12 and Turn 15 are the BEST for seating. Parking just depends on how much you want to spend. It should be easy for LeMans wknd since there will be less traffic.

Good advice. I've had turn 12 seats for the F1 race there.. it's great for seeing overtaking opportunities coming out of the long back straight. You can also see that real technical "stadium" section of turns 13, 14, and 15 and the various lines different drivers take. Most of the 'offs' I saw were before turn 19 where I stood at the general admission area for a bit. They were really testing the edge of adhesion there.

Finally, I will add that I spent some time during qualifying with some friends up at turn 9 at the top of the hill which is also a great spot. It's at the top of a hill and a nice view seeing them coming up through the Maggots/Becketts/Chapel type sequence into turns 9, 10, and 11 trying to maintain speed for the back straight.

Back