Cost to replace CCB

I am working out a deal on my dream car and along with all the others goodies are the Carbon Ceramic Brakes.
Never before have I had a car with these so I have no idea what to expect as for longevity of the pads and rotors?
Also what are the cost going to be to replace parts when needed? I will do the work myself.
I do plan to visit the track maybe 1 or 2 times a year.
Thank you for your help.

Tom239, Thank you for the reply.
What is the average mileage from a set of pads with no track usage?
What is the benefit to CCB?
Seems like a lot of guys are swapping them out for Iron on the track. I don't understand why they are so common on high end sports cars.

Under normal street conditions they can last 100k miles or more. However, get a tiny pebble lodged in one of the drill holes and you'll be replacing that rotor instantly. You also have to be very careful with the wheels because the CCB rotors chip very easily and are usually junk when that happens.

On the track, it will depend on driving style and the track itself. If there are a lot of hard braking corners with shorter straights that don't allow for good cooling, you could go through a set of pads in a day or two. Not sure about rotors, but I've heard a general rule of thumb is rotors every 3-4 set of pads. I have no experience to back that claim up, so take it with a grain of salt.

CCB are great for the street if you are careful anytime you remove the wheels and don't drive on gravel or have a rock chip driveway. Less dust and they last forever.

I went with iron because I like track days and take wheels off frequently for cleaning. I ceramic coated the wheels and the brake dust generally comes right off with a spray of water.

I can't imagine that it would be a straight across swap going from CCB's to iron brakes??? It's been apparent to me that I will never really be able to enjoy the full capability of the car's performance on the street, and a trip or two the track will be warranted. Anyone have the answer?

I'm an ex vintage racer with over 200 track days under my belt, so I'm sure I can push the car a bit on the track, but the thought of $15K in brake replacement costs after 2-3 track days seems quite cost prohibitive to me. Depending on the cost, it would seen worth the time and effort to swap out the CCB's for iron. I'm second guessing my purchase of the CCB's, but too late now.... Swapping out rotors and pads is no big deal.......

I think there are several Acura parts warehouses online so I'll have to check on parts. OEM parts are usually expensive if not cost prohibitive, but I don't know if any aftermarket manufacturers will ever produce parts for this car???

Found this on a quick search: https://www.carid.com/2017-acura-nsx-performance-brake-rotors/

Maybe it makes sense to swap to iron rotors now and store the CCB's until it
s time to sell or after I've had enough track days to scratch the itch??

It appears that OEM iron calipers are just a few dollars less than the CCB's - over $3,900 each.... So replacing brakes complete with pads would be in the $18,000 range, not including labor if needed........ using OEM parts......

I am working out a deal on my dream car and along with all the others goodies are the Carbon Ceramic Brakes.
Never before have I had a car with these so I have no idea what to expect as for longevity of the pads and rotors?
Also what are the cost going to be to replace parts when needed? I will do the work myself.
I do plan to visit the track maybe 1 or 2 times a year.
Thank you for your help.

Keep in mind that your lease expressly forbids participating in any events on a track!

Back