Cost of automotive Transport???

would anyone know how much it cost (guessimate is fine) on transporting a vehicle from one state to anther? never did this before but was wondering what kind of cost is involved? Do they charge by mileage and are there any good transporting company out there. Lets say from Washington to California or east coast to west coast.

thanks.

For an enclosed carrier its generally about a $1 per mile.

-Wick

For an enclosed carrier its generally about a $1 per mile.

-Wick

That's right. I'd recommend Exotic Car Transport enclosed carrier. Easy to deal with and most importantly no headaches - Problem free (other than neighbors coming out and cars pulling over to watch) :biggrin: . I won't use anybody else other than ECT. They were really great to deal with.

brickloading1.jpg

transport5.jpg

transport10.jpg

I used FedEx Passport. The cost for shipping from detroit to memphis 692 miles was $1001.00 and the insurance was included. Some of the carriers wanted me to pay for insuring the car in transport.

There is not dropoff or pickup for you like some other transport companies, FedEx provides door to door only which i would rather do. I didn't want to have it sitting on some lot somewhere, it went on the truck and other than moving it off to get other cars out that is where it stays untill delivery.

FedEx is one of the only companies that you can go online and receive a quote, with most companies you have to contact them and wait for their quote.

FedEx Passport

DSCF0187.jpg

DSCF0188.jpg

DSCF0189.jpg

DSCF0190.jpg

DSCF0193.jpg

DSCF0194.jpg

Last edited:
Is somebody looking at the 02 white on ebay? :wink: I used Reliable Carriers enclosed shipping from East to West coast $1800.. I would use them again..great service.

mike...it's me, hac.
Yea, I was curious about auto transport, wanted an NA2, but just seeing how much it's all gonna cost me....i'm guessing buying out of state, it's a safe bet to say aut transporting is going to cost me $2k, give or take.

I used FedEx Passport. The cost for shipping from detroit to memphis 692 miles was $1001.00 and the insurance was included. Some of the carriers wanted me to pay for insuring the car in transport.

There is not dropoff or pickup for you like some other transport companies, FedEx provides door to door only which i would rather do. I didn't want to have it sitting on some lot somewhere, it went on the truck and other than moving it off to get other cars out that is where it stays untill delivery.

FedEx is one of the only companies that you can go online and receive a quote, with most companies you have to contact them and wait for their quote.

FedEx Passport

DSCF0187.jpg

DSCF0188.jpg

DSCF0189.jpg

DSCF0190.jpg

DSCF0193.jpg

DSCF0194.jpg

LIKE THAT SHOT!
Corvette
NSX
Great combo!

It depends on open vs. enclosed. I had my NSX transported from Tulsa to Phoenix for $700 via open carrier. Considering the condition I was told it arrived in, I'm not sure saving the $300 was worth it.

$1 per mile is about right for enclosed transport.

I've had a great experience with Intercity Lines and a terrible one with Horseless Carriage. In fact HC demonstrated shockingly bad customer service.

Does anyone know a company that will tow (non-enclosed) flatbed and roughly the price?

Not towing an NSX but a modified Prelude from Vegas to Houston. $1 a mile is a bit too much.

i got my nsx transported from around dallas, tx to los angeles, ca for $850 in an enclosed trailer and it took only 1 day, they picked it up saturday morning and delivered it sunday evening.

i can give u his number if anyone wants it

Back