Cosmetic / Body Work - Tell Tale Signs?

I'm in the process of looking at a car that has had extensive (to me) body work:
- Shine GT front spoiler
- Cantrell Rear wide quarter panel
- Marga Hill Side Skirt
- Custom 25mm wide front fender with GT vents
- Type-R Hood by VIS

How much would all of these pieces cost to install (including paint / labor / parts) if I were to do it with a stock vehicle?

Are there any particular signs of good / bad work outside of panel gaps? Unfortunately the vehicle is a good distance away, so I want to be almost certain I want to purchase the vehicle before I can see it in person.

Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
when you say body work are you meaning Salvaged title? wrecked?

or body work are you talking about Wide body kits?

wide body kits if not done right will almost always have gaps that are not uniform thru-out the car.

Earlier this year, I was in Atlanta on a short project at the same office as the Primer that is selling the white car.

He drove it to work and parked way out in the back of the lot. I gave it a few walkarounds and look over. Didn't have a chance to meet the owner/Primer as our schedules didn't synch up.

From vague memory, it looked good if you like the widebody setup.

Don't hang your purchase decision on that though since I wasn't inspecting it, just spent a few minutes looking at it from an appreciation perspective.

Definitely have a local Primer check it out, they probably know the car/owner anyways since its a unique setup.

on another note: ask the seller if he has the original body panels in case you want to set it back to OEM someday.

Given the mileage, be sure to get a PPI with leakdown test to verify the mechanicals are solid for your long first drive home.

-

That's exactly the one I'm looking at.
Any locals available to take a look for me?

I will definitely have Acura do a PPI beforehand - thanks for the heads up on the leak test.

Check gaps and check for waviness in the fiberglass panels. Being that its white, it will tend to hide small flaws in bodywork versus a darker color.

That's exactly the one I'm looking at.
Any locals available to take a look for me?

I will definitely have Acura do a PPI beforehand - thanks for the heads up on the leak test.

I can get you a few more pictures and my own personal opinion about the car if you want it. Ask a few guys in the SouthEast section subform Atlanta if they can give more info. I've talked to the guy and was interested in the car myself. But I'm myself is looking for something DeadStock.

Back