Corvette rims...

I found a set of corvette rims for sale locally in perfect condition. They're the 5 spoke (thick, not the thin ones) triple-plated chrome rims. The guy's asking $300 for them...on ebay, I see a set going for $900. Do you think it'd be worth it to buy them at $300 and sell them for say $700 or $800?

here's a pic:

Attachments

• vette rims.jpg
    vette rims.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 284
Just to let you know; most C5 owners do not like those rims. The newer Y2K-style rims will probably sell but I think the old thick spokes will have a hard time selling. Not worth the hassle IMHO.

Depends on how much money you want to make minimum.

I would:

Buy the rims

Sell them for $400 bid no reserve PICK UP ONLY!

You do minimal work and make at least $100 profit. If I had a sot at these rims, I would buy them in a second!

That will be 10% profit please. :D :D

On the other hand if someone else is also looking for these rims and lives in your area why have they not bought this set before you have?

The only reason I would only buy something that I have no need for would be if I already had it sold ahead of time.

The lines are totally different between the NSX and Vette. Only a novice can mistake a Vette for a NSX.

NSX/MR2 said:
The lines are totally different between the NSX and Vette. Only a novice can mistake a Vette for a NSX.

Then most vette drivers are novices then. Most wave to me when I go by like they are waving to another vette.

steveny said:
Then most vette drivers are novices then. Most wave to me when I go by like they are waving to another vette.

Well, maybe they are like me and wave at cool cars that go by?

Back