corvette owners wont let us be!

:frown:
i was at willobrook mall today with my nsx:cool: and while parking a guy walks up to me and says nice car:wink: i say thank you to the guy and proceed to go do alittle shopping and he says ''but its to slow''. i turn around:mad: and say to slow for what? he says my corvette! i say ok thats nice but mine looks better and he says i agree. i turned around and proceed towards the mall and i hear vroooom:eek: here comes this dirty black corvette. he stops by me hits the gas and peels off. any of you get dumb shhh happen to you?:frown:

bandit said:
i was at willobrook mall today with my nsx:cool: and while parking a guy walks up to me and says nice car:wink: i say thank you to the guy and proceed to go do alittle shopping and he says ''but its to slow''. i turn around:mad: and say to slow for what? he says my corvette! i say ok thats nice but mine looks better and he says i agree. i turned around and proceed towards the mall and i hear vroooom:eek: here comes this dirty black corvette. he stops by me hits the gas and peels off. any of you get dumb shhh happen to you?:frown:

I was challenged by a beat up SVO Taurus this past Friday night. I think that qualifies as dumb shhh.

150 trillion vettes can be wrong

the dude's driving a bucket of rattles, cars that are a dime a dozen...
declasse' mon dieu!!!
water on a duck's back, banditto...:wink:

should have yelled at him, "nice firebird!":smile:

Re: 150 trillion vettes can be wrong

jalnjr said:
...should have yelled at him, "nice firebird!":smile:

LOL, you crack me up man. But I would have opted for yelling "Nice Vette.............Chevette, that is." :biggrin:

jalnjr said:
should have yelled at him, "nice firebird!":smile:

Jon gets off a good one! I'm going to start using that one myself.:wink:

ha:biggrin: you guys are crazy. john cracks me.:biggrin: its almost like we as nsx owners cant get good compliments around the vette owners. wasnt gonna post this silly stuff but about 3 weeks im jogging and there is a lady standing by my car and i said hello can i help you? she said is this your little car? i said yes looking at her corvette hat, then she says its not faster than my vette my face turned this color:mad: like sooooooo what! this is getting rediculous. maybe summer i will supercharge,headers,intake,exhaust.etc. i feel better now john keep em coming.

You did tell him he drives a dime a dozen vette right? Heck if he wants to brag about speed I know a few civic crazies that can smoke his vette. He's just bitter he bought the vette and not the nsx. :tongue:

funny, most people avoid me!?!

If I'm not mistaken, the only Corvettes faster than the NA1 3.0 / NA2 3.2 NSX's are the C5 Z06, C6, and C6 Z06. Do the usual Intake_scoop&filter/ Headers/ Exhaust & usual weight-reduction (~100lbs), only the C5 Z06 and C6 Z06 will be noticably faster.

I wonder what all these NSX owners are apathetic about, their 15yr old car is on par or even above 2004 C5 Corvette and possibly comparable to a 2005 C6 Corvette (assuming they did I/H/E, etc).

Be proud NSX'ers! :cool:

Re: funny, most people avoid me!?!

Osiris_x11 said:
If I'm not mistaken, the only Corvettes faster than the NA1 3.0 / NA2 3.2 NSX's are the C5 Z06, C6, and C6 Z06. Do the usual Intake_scoop&filter/ Headers/ Exhaust & usual weight-reduction (~100lbs), only the C5 Z06 and C6 Z06 will be noticably faster.

I wonder what all these NSX owners are apathetic about, their 15yr old car is on par or even above 2004 C5 Corvette and possibly comparable to a 2005 C6 Corvette (assuming they did I/H/E, etc).

Be proud NSX'ers! :cool:

Excellent points! By the way, your avatar is awesome! This past weekend a latest generation Z28 came up to me while I was in my ML55 AMG at a stoplight and took the lane that was going to merge into my lane. He gunned it and I gunned it and the look on his face was priceless getting crushed by an suv. I don't condone street racing but it was just a quick burst to 50 and he was already in my rearview mirror.

You took your NSX to willowbrook durring the holiday seasons?? WOW. On a sunday too, when all bergen county come in. Damn. Still on point, only will someone with that kind of blown ego would do something like that. I bet you he can barely pay for it.

:)

C'mon, y'all, quit hatin' on the Vettes .... :cool:

ddadedt.jpg

:wink: Pops and Mermi :biggrin:​

Different strokes for different folks...I can see the pro's and cons in each, and I guess I could sit down for a glass of tea with the the guy if he genuinely cared to discuss it. Otherwise, I guess we just whip out our Johnsons in front of the ladies and children right there in the parking lot to settle it?:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Shumdit said:
Different strokes for different folks...I can see the pro's and cons in each, and I guess I could sit down for a glass of tea with the the guy if he genuinely cared to discuss it. Otherwise, I guess we just whip out our Johnsons in front of the ladies and children right there in the parking lot to settle it?:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yeah but If he had a 1979 Johnson it would only have 182hp...:eek:

bandit said:

That guy sounds like a jerk!! I wish people could just make a compliment and be polite without turning right around and being a total tool. :mad: :frown:

rickysals said:
just tell him to enjoy his cavalier radio.

haha at least cavalier radio has a CD player :biggrin:

Re: :)

MiamiMermaid said:
C'mon, y'all, quit hatin' on the Vettes .... :cool:

ddadedt.jpg

:wink: Pops and Mermi :biggrin:​

ok mermi dont you try no hypnosis on us ya hear' :biggrin: (using southern gentlemen anti-hypnosis tactics)
i just swear that every F body / mustang / vette i run into wants to turn all Fast and the Furious on me, then again i guess its just the area i live in cuz i swear every guy with a Carerra or a Carerra S hits the gas on me as well =)

We don't really have that problem down here...

We have to contend with GT-R's and TT Supra's trying to drag race us... But at the end of the day these guys all aspire to own an NSX!

But for any corvette owner saying the NSX is slow.... I would just reply "why don't we go to the track and find out which is car slow!!!" :biggrin:

AU_NSX said:
But for any corvette owner saying the NSX is slow.... I would just reply "why don't we go to the track and find out which is car slow!!!" :biggrin:

LOL... well, gotta say, Pops has humbly admitted that my car would whip his Vette anyday, but the 996 Turbo.... dunno 'bout that ?? :cool:

MiamiMermaid said:
LOL... well, gotta say, Pops has humbly admitted that my car would whip his Vette anyday, but the 996 Turbo.... dunno 'bout that ?? :cool:

I do... The 996 kicked my arse on the track in my "old" '93 stock NSX! Awesome car! Not been up against one in the TT yet though. should be interesting now I have the power to stop him (or her:wink: ) from streaking away on the straights...

the corvette isnt all that to me as well. i see them all the time but not everyday we see the beautiful nsx:biggrin: it must hurt pretty bad when you pull up in a newer model vette and a 91 nsx gets all the head turns:frown: i know the feeling when i had a acura legend type II and you are with your girl and a nsx pulls up and your girl eyes pop out of her head:mad: that happened to me and from that day i wanted one.:cool:

Back