Corvette draws lots of attention

I was in Monterey (California) yesterday and the weather was perfect. Parked the NSX in a parking garage and walked to Cannery Row to check out the sites. While I was standing in line for lunch at Bubba Gumps, I noticed many people (mostly men) checking out a new (02-03?) convertible Corvette parked along side the street. It was a maroon colored with a black rag-top and chrome stock wheels.
I was amazed at all the attention this car drew. I admit that it was a nice looking machine but was nothing I haven't seen a thousand times before. And by attention, I mean stopping, looking at all sides, looking inside, staring, etc. It was like these people had never seen a Corvette. I don't understand. :confused: I stood in line for 55 minutes and the entire time people were stopping and checking out the Vette. Any ideas??

Part of it may be a lot of people aspire to own a Corvette and plan to own one some day. You can not argue with the performance/dollar of the vette and it is an american muscle car. Many (most?) people don't know what an NSX is and view it as unattainable. As we've seen in other threads, many people can't tell the difference between a 'vette and an NSX. Other people thinks its a Ferrari and therefore unattainable.

Back