Coolant tank options?

Current aftermarket coolant tanks that look good?? Something that won’t leak after a couple years?

Current aftermarket coolant tanks that look good?? Something that won’t leak after a couple years?

The Dali Racing round tank was great for me. They show up used from time to time.

+1 The Dali round is the only one that I've seen that does not develop leaks. Due to physics, there is actually quite a bit of pressure/force inside the tank. This is why most OEMs use some form of molded, curved expansion chambers, including for the NSX- it distributes the pressure over a larger surface area. Thus, I agree the OEM tank is the best (as long as you replace it periodically), but if I had to buy an aftermarket one, I'd get the Dali or have one fabbed up using an identical design.

+1 The Dali round is the only one that I've seen that does not develop leaks. Due to physics, there is actually quite a bit of pressure/force inside the tank. This is why most OEMs use some form of molded, curved expansion chambers, including for the NSX- it distributes the pressure over a larger surface area. Thus, I agree the OEM tank is the best (as long as you replace it periodically), but if I had to buy an aftermarket one, I'd get the Dali or have one fabbed up using an identical design.

Ok... good to know... I have the Dali tank right now, just wanted something that maybe looked a little more "in place" in the engine bay. Guess I'll stick with it.
The round tank just looks like it doesn't belong to me. (And I bought one for my other cars back in '05 or whatever it was, but always wanted the triangle one)

this ^

Also, please never get tanks with those level tubes and no baffles inside, Honda knows what's what. Wannabes don't.

Treat oem tank as consumable, which it is. Cover with R condom and you're good to go.

I've had the Science of Speed aluminum coolant tank (with sight tube) since 2006. No issues. Like the look.
Don't think they make it anymore.
H-

Last edited:
I've had the Science of Speed aluminum coolant tank (with sight tube) since 2006. No issues. Like the look.
Don't think they make it anymore.

I have the same and it's provided over 10 years of reliable service, including quite a few track events. Looks good too.

The OE version on my NSX cracked and leaked so it seems they have limitations as well.

IMG_1298.jpg

Had The Dali tank for over 15 years and many track events as well and went back to oem just because,,,,,

If anybody is interested in reviving the Dali Coolant tank, I tracked down the origin:

http://www.uniquemetalproducts.com/

Unique Metal Products
594 Airport Road
Oceanside,CA 92054-1207

Phone: (760) 421-0300
Fax: (760) 421-0303

I don't know the MOQ.

That all I know.

After dealing with the keyless, the cluster, and differences between JDM and USDM I can say that:

> Honda knows what's what.

I'm not so sure about that. Seems like nobody talks to each other at Honda.

Last edited:
If anybody is interested in reviving the Dali Coolant tank, I tracked down the origin:

http://www.uniquemetalproducts.com/

Unique Metal Products
594 Airport Road
Oceanside,CA 92054-1207

Phone: (760) 421-0300
Fax: (760) 421-0303

I don't know the MOQ.

That all I know.

After dealing with the keyless, the cluster, and differences between JDM and USDM I can say that:

> Honda knows what's what.

I'm not so sure about that. Seems like nobody talks to each other at Honda.

The Dali tank was cylindrical, as I remember. I wonder if the Unique Metal folks put their part number on the tank, and if they would make some more. Drew, if you happen to have the part number, I'll reach out to them and see what they can do.

DaliRacing would order up the MOQ, sell stock, and then replenish stock in increments of MOQ as required. These folks are unlikely to do retail style sales.

I recommend you call them, determine the MOQ, and see if you would like to organize a group buy...

DaliRacing would order up the MOQ, sell stock, and then replenish stock in increments of MOQ as required. These folks are unlikely to do retail style sales.

I recommend you call them, determine the MOQ, and see if you would like to organize a group buy...

Done. Called and their voice mail said to send them an e-mail so I did. Hopefully they aren’t too busy that they don’t reply.

Back