Coolant hoses 95

I just did the SOS kit last year. It's great because they provide ALL hoses and the oil filter o-ring you will need to replace when getting to a couple of the hoses. They also provide a drawing that shows the location of each part number. They are all Honda OEM hoses. The project is a bit of a bear just because some of the old hoses need to be cut off, and some of the new ones have to really be forced on there. If you are an average mechanic, budget yourself 10 hours or so to do the job right...

. . . because some of the old hoses need to be cut off . . .

If you are forced to cut off the hose be very careful you don't nick the coolant pipe. If you do you'll end up with coolant weeping through the nick.

Get a hose removal tool ( it is actually a glazer tool ,an awl bent at 90 degrees ,use it it to break the hose from the nipple , if you have to cut always do it on top of the hose . I changed my all my hoses on my 97 in 2011 ( 97000k miles) not one hose showed any internal cracking .As Larry B said use a lube . A heat gun would definitely help .

Last edited:
In aviation we use a product called, “Dow Corning 4”, DC-4 for installing o-rings and it works great. A very little goes a LONG way and it won’t allow the hose to slip off if it’s under pressure like the coolant system in your car.

Cheers
nigel

If you are forced to cut off the hose be very careful you don't nick the coolant pipe. If you do you'll end up with coolant weeping through the nick.

Yes, be careful when cutting. Or cut the hose off the pipe and it gives you another place to get the hose removal tool in...

Back