Convincing friend to buy NSX vs Vette-HELP!

My good friend is stuck on an 03 Corvette. Problem is he hasen't driven one yet and I live too far away to let him drive my NSX. He dosen't know very much about Exotics/sportscars and I have been talking to him about the NSX without trying to "dis" the Vette too much.

I have one more try with him next week, (We are Pilots for Southwest and we fly togather one more time next week.) What would you do in my shoes?

He is willing to shell out 41k for his Corvette.

RSVP

Skyguy

Let him buy the vette! If you convince him to buy an NSX and he doesnt like it or thinks he should have bought the vette, you will be to blame.

Then when he has the vette and he finally does get to ride in an NSX, he will then realize the folly of his ways....

Or maybe not.

I agree, if you have suggested driving both before making a decision, then that's really all you can do. His brain is stuck on the vette and he'll probably be very happy with it, most vette owners do love their car.

First, $41K is too high for an '03 - he should be able to find one for mid 30s now that the C6 is out.

That said, for mid 30s, you can get at best a nice '92 or a below-average '95 NSX if he wants the open roof. Most people on this board will agree that the old NSX is still a better car - better styling, much rarer, more exotic, more fun, more precise, and better built. But the Vette will be a decade newer, have lots of warranty left, and 75 more hp. Those are important to many buyers. Give him the best comparison you can, try your best to find an NSX for him to drive, show him this website. And if he still goes w/ the Vette, that's a fine car too and should provide great fun and performance for the money. Good luck.

I echo what others here have said...maybe the Corvette is the car for him. Is he looking at a Z06 or a standard Corvette?? The Corvette is a very capable car, and if it is what your friend really wants then maybe he should buy it. I agree that the NSX is the better overall car for the people on this forum (including myself), but if your friend likes Corvettes he will be better served with one of those. We cannot change everyone into NSX owners/enthusiasts...at least not yet. :D

Back