convertible nsx for sale on ebay jh4na115xrt000181

Re: convertible nsx for sale on ebay

Cartmans voice, "those seat covers are sooooo sweet."

Myself and some other prime members actually saw this car in person down in so cal when we were there for the Eibach meet. No offense to the owner but whom ever owned the car previously before him who did the conversion did a really bad/shotty job (he said he bought the car that way). In the pics on ebay I guess it looks "okay" but notice how there's no real detailed up close pics for a reason....

I thought Ice T's nsx was purple-ish in color :confused:

Maybe I am wrong... BUT... when the added the Targa model in 1995 they had to reinforce the body which added 100 lbs to the car just so they could open up the roof. How could they cut open the roof on a 1994 without the car being potentially mechanically unstable??? :eek:

I would avoid this car like the plague !!

Lame. Why would you butcher an NSX like that? I have to agree that the structural integrity of the car might have been compromised.

Basically if you can't take care of your grass who's to say you took car of the car. LOL

Jetpilot

I would suggest that a big company like newport convertible would do some reinforcing.
It would be nice if someone who had one or has driven one would chime in on these cars. The rest of us are only guessing or suggesting or assuming about its strength.
I read his Ice-T statement as people like Ice have owned a similiar car.
Trev

Attachments

• icetnsx1.JPG
    icetnsx1.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 145
Reinforcing?? I doubt they have much of a clue how much or how little reinforcement to add. Its not like they have a CAD model of the car and can simulate where and how much to add. This is one mod that is way out of bounds for me. Mods like this are better left to the Mfg. to do.

Maybe call Newport's Mathew Kahn and ask him.
Trev

It would take a brave individual to do this to an NSX. I understand that there are some pretty good conversion shops out there, and the car would definitely be a great conversation piece, but I don't think I would go near it. However, I have always joked that if I ever won some outrageous Powerball lottery, that I would buy 2 Enzos and make one of them a jacked up 4 wheel drive with drab camoflouge paint just to freak people out and let them know I had way more money than brains!:biggrin:

Regards,

David

Back