Convert A/c ºf To ºc (european)

I Buy A Acura Nsx-t 95/12 And The Climate Control Works ºF American Temperature, And I Want To Converte In ºC European Temperature. There Is Any Thing I Can To Do To Put The Climate Control In ºC?

Thanks For Your Help.
Pedro ( Portugal )

E-MAIL - [email protected]

Last edited:
You probably need to buy a Euro spec A/C control module: I'm not 100% sure butyou may need both parts, the controller and the display.
Not a cheap option unless you can find one in a salvage yard from a wrecked Euro car.

Approximation: Fahrenheit - 32 then divide by 2 (really it's 1.8).
Example: Body temp = 98.6 degrees F. Say it's 99 or 98.

98 - 32 = 66 then 66/2 = Approx 33 degrees C
99 - 32 = 67 then 67/2 = Approx 33.5 degress C.

Danny Yee. :smile:

The Climate Control units are essentially the same, except for the part that houses the dials and display.

I have both modules in my garage: the ºC unit has a "J" in the upper left corner and the ºF has an "A".

I have not gone over the circuit boards with a microscope, but the here is what I have noted:
1. The PCB's seem to be exactly the same. P/N: EQ936-36737F
2. There is no apparent difference of the components or the layout.
3. The displays are the same [apparant].
4. I have swapped out main controller boards: no difference, they are the same.

I have not swapped dial housings to see if the switch is there by some chance, but it is possible as the F temperature dial has twice as many detents as the C dial. So the "jumper" might be inside the dials.

The only other difference seems to be the main chip on the PCB:
"A"/ºF boards:
OKI Japan
M5267B-15
0X06V

"J"/ºC boards:
OKI Japan
M5267B-15
0301V

Is there a bit head out there can determine if the different chips are the difference that makes a "C" from an "F"?

I suspect the dials, even though I don't know anything about chips--I also suspect that the difference in chip numbers are revision or batch numbers.

Drew

Last edited:
Looks like I have the answer:

The F vs C degrees ARE in the difference of the dials...or actually just the dial harness. I went blind looking at the difference in boards and missed the obvious.

On the F dial there is a loop wire that jumps (shorts) pins #46 and #47, as inked on the PCB.

There is no such jumper on the C dial harness.

So folks, if you want a Celsius display, just remove one side of the loop jumper and instant JDM/EU (rest of the world) conversion. FREE!

Still the C dial has half as many detents as the F dial.

Drew

/Gee, that only cost me like $300 to buy both climate controls and figure out the difference.
//Took 14 years for somebody to sit down and figure that out. Good thing I'm a gubbmint employee that was given a really boring job to do the past couple of weeks.

Well done!
Great job, Drew
biggthum.gif
biggthum.gif

Top Left pane: The loop connector and extra wire from smaller connector dial
Lower Left pane: Open connectors at pins #46 and #47. Smaller 3-pin connector does not have a middle wire.

Top Right pane: depicts the "A" that denotes a Farenheit climate control unit/dial. Also the temperature dial is 90-degrees and the dentents fall <b>on the start and center</b> each of each tick mark.

Lower Right pane: depicts the "J" that denotes a Celisus climate control unit/dial. The temperature dial is also at 90-degrees. This dial only detents at the center of each tick mark, therefore this dial only has 1/2 of the dentents as a Farenheit dial.

Instructions to convert to C: remove the one side of the loop connector as indicated by "I" in the image.

I do not know what the "II" missing wire is used for. Probably has something to do with the detents.

Drew

The Conversion Works Great, You Are The Best.

Hey Pedro don't think you are going to get off so easy! Your turn to increase the Knowledge base or do something cool for the group that is NSXPRIME.

Attachments

• ClimateControlConversion.jpg
    ClimateControlConversion.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 643
Instructions to convert to C: remove the one side of the loop connector as indicated by "I" in the image.

I do not know what the "II" missing wire is used for. Probably has something to do with the detents.

Drew

I have to try take the II wire and see what appens.

Hey Pedro don't think you are going to get off so easy! Your turn to increase the Knowledge base or do something cool for the group that is NSXPRIME.

What can I do to increase the Knowledge base, or what can I do to the great group that is NSXPRIME ??

Last edited:
So I'm guessing if I want to convert my a/c from C to F that I can just add a jump wire? :confused:
Not a wiring genius here - will it be pretty straight forward once I take a look at it (any wire would do)? I suppose it will probably jump in about 2 degree increments b/c this a/c control knob travels further between clicks compared to my English "A" a/c control...

So I'm guessing if I want to convert my a/c from C to F that I can just add a jump wire? :confused:
Not a wiring genius here - will it be pretty straight forward once I take a look at it (any wire would do)? I suppose it will probably jump in about 2 degree increments b/c this a/c control knob travels further between clicks compared to my English "A" a/c control...

I am guessing but I think you would loose some range of adjustment. Each click will still only be 1 degree and the C display has less clicks.

Last edited:
Pedro... i'm from Portugal also....Lisbon.... where are you??? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Pedro, é raro encontrar pessoal novo com NSX aki e já conheço uns kuantos.
Dá noticias pra malta trocar impressões. Abraço.

Sorry guys....but couldn't help it :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks,
Nuno

Refreshing and old thread as someone asks me if this can be done: F -> C.

Does the conversion work by removing the jumper wire? Any thing more to be done? Drawbacks?

Drew - you are the MAN!

Refreshing and old thread as someone asks me if this can be done: F -> C.

Does the conversion work by removing the jumper wire? Any thing more to be done? Drawbacks?

Just did mine today. 1 drawback, every click is 1 celsius, so at its coldest, its 18. But the temperature caps out at 32 when the knob is turned to the middle.

Just did mine today. 1 drawback, every click is 1 celsius, so at its coldest, its 18. But the temperature caps out at 32 when the knob is turned to the middle.

thanks for doing this. I thought I may, but from what you explained. 1 deg C increments does not give as much control as leaving it deg. F.

I don't have much issue leaving it with the primitive Fahrenheit scale. I am old enough to remember when Canada used Fahrenheit. I can convert quickly in my head.

thanks again.

Last edited:
Ya, just need to be extra sensitive when turning the knob.

FWIW, when you remove the "II" wire, it turns the knob into a palendrome where it reads 18 when the knob is turned to the coldest and to the hottest. In the middle is where it reads 32.

Re: Convert A/c ºf To ºc (european)

DSC04027.jpg

Hi,
[h=2]I have a request to Drew: Please do it Pictures so that you could see the order of wires on the Celsius Panel[/h][TABLE="class: cf hX"]
<tbody>[TR="class: hR"]
[TD="class: hV hM, bgcolor: #ddd"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Back