Control arm advice please!

Hello fellow Primers! I am in dire need of some advice. A low speed spin (raining) into a curb has resulted in me needing the driver's side rear upper and lower control arms. The shop says I may also need the knuckle and possibly a wheel bearing.:frown: I feel fortunate as it could have been worse. I'm currently in talks with a couple of fellow Primers who have the parts intact with ball joints and bushings. My questions are, when looking at other online sources, why do I see just the arms for sale? Is it a better bet to buy them intact or get just the arms and re-use the bushings and ball joints? Thanks!

My questions are, when looking at other online sources, why do I see just the arms for sale? Is it a better bet to buy them intact or get just the arms and re-use the bushings and ball joints? Thanks!

I seem to recall reading it is very hard to replace the ball joints without destroying the arms. There is someone on the board who can do the bushings if I recall correctly(he is in CA I think) but the ball joints are tough. I hear even separating them can result in damage to the joint and arm.

+1 on tbnsx1 comment LOL

I think I help so much, people over look my stupid posts,

rants, bad grammar and negitive comments.:biggrin:

but everyone that has any dealings with me know, I am actually normal

and live by this famous quote from a great movie

" well we all gotta die some time Red "

you live once then you die and your NSX is sold on ebay by the family member that got the NSX in the WILL. LOL

Pm'd !!!

Posted from my iPhone

Back