Considering JH4NA1186ST000680

Hi All,

I'm new to the NSX scene, but not to sports cars (have had a Porsche 993 for the last 6 years). I've corresponded with the seller of JH4NA1186ST000680. Brooklands/Tan, ~79k miles. Car has been listed twice on ebay with a high bid of just under $35k. Seller says he'll take no less than $39k.

Belts were done in 2005 at 49k mi. Since then the car has had a new clutch, valve cover gaskets done twice, tie rods, and a steering rack replacement, and cat converter codes, among other things.

Current owner refers to some minor cosmetic issues. Pics show cracking seats but no tears. Car is located in Gainsville, FL.

Does anyone have more info about this car? I assume that it will need a belt service now. Anything else I should assume will need to be done? Any red flags here? What do you think is a fair price?

Thanks so much for your thoughts!

arun

Sounds decent enough, KBB probably values the car in the low 30s but pricing on these cars is all over the place. Try a carfax to show any possible issues. Seems to be a decent amount of work for that mileage though, possibly tracked? I just got into the scene officially so I'm rather new too. Good Luck!

Hi All,

I'm new to the NSX scene, but not to sports cars (have had a Porsche 993 for the last 6 years). I've corresponded with the seller of JH4NA1186ST000680. Brooklands/Tan, ~79k miles. Car has been listed twice on ebay with a high bid of just under $35k. Seller says he'll take no less than $39k.

Belts were done in 2005 at 49k mi. Since then the car has had a new clutch, valve cover gaskets done twice, tie rods, and a steering rack replacement, and cat converter codes, among other things.

Current owner refers to some minor cosmetic issues. Pics show cracking seats but no tears. Car is located in Gainsville, FL.

Does anyone have more info about this car? I assume that it will need a belt service now. Anything else I should assume will need to be done? Any red flags here? What do you think is a fair price?

Thanks so much for your thoughts!

arun

You said belts were done in 2005. Is that the Timing Belt and water pump? If so, they need to be replaced. Does the owner have the service records since the car was owned by a Prime member in Denver back in 2008? If not I wouldn't spend $39K on an unknown with deferred maintenance. (A TB/WP could cost about $2 to $3K). The car does look good and clean in the pictures and could be worth the price but, do yourself a favor and study the Wiki before you make that $39K decision. Have a PPI done on the car by an NSX Tech in FL. This thread is the only one on the car that I could find but it lists some folks who could do a PPI; https://www.google.com/search?sourc...=1T4GGNI_enUS491US492&q=NSX+JH4NA1186ST000680 Do your homework and you will save yourself a lot of aggravation and money.

Back