Considering... JH4NA1157MT002284

Considering...

We went to look at two yesterday. The first one was a total piece... whoa...

The 91 though was in good overall condition with a few cosmetic things that they agreed they'd fix if I really want the car.

Black is not my first choice in color (white is) and since this was the first one I found, I don't really want to jump on anything and then regret it later. I'd be getting rid of a car that I very dearly love to do this so I don't want mistakes that will come back to haunt me lol

Here's the VIN:

JH4NA1157MT002284
Black
5speed
Ivory Interior

We ran carfax on it last night and it only came back with info from the second owner... so that concerns me. It's been in Ohio since the day it was bought according to the dealer.

Opinions? Things to look for?

april said:
Opinions? Things to look for?
If you don't want black, don't get black!

Look for:
- window regulators upgraded or replaced
- snap ring status
- timing belt and water pump replaced
- A/C works at all fan settings
- sound system works with all speakers

Have you looked at the Used NSX Checklist in the FAQ (under the Buy Sell heading)?

I wouldn't limit myself to cars in my local geographic area. Do a nationwide search using the internet, and have a local dealer and/or a local owner inspect any car you are considering before you commit to buying it or get on an airplane.

Are you talking about the cars at Auto Livery? If I recall, when I turned on the AC in the black/ivory car, it did not blow cold(could be big $$ fix). The black/black did. Both cars are kind of rough, but for the price ,could be worh it. The "wants" that you listed in your other thread, i think you will have to look more into the $31k + price range.

Yeah... they were both at Auto Livery. The a/c seemed iffy in both of them IMO...

The blk/blk one seemed to be really really rough. The rotors felt warped, the brakes didn't stop the car fast enough, idle was rough, smelled like it had an exhaust leak and the tires weren't a matched set. I'd avoid that one like the plague not to mention that a modified car is just begging to become someone's money pitt.

I've got time to spend looking for what I want. If I have to pay a little more then that's what will happen.

Its obviously not a nsx... but it's the first thing i ever bought entirely by myself =)

fog.jpg

Thanks for responding. Very nice Prelude. Love that color! :)
I can see why you love it so much.

I can't help but think that if you love the Prelude so much, I wonder what you would go through owning an NSX! Ha ha!
It'd be like kissing Elvis or something.... ;)

My friends are all teasing already... I spent about 3 hours a day doing something to that car. They are all saying that I'd have no time for them if a NSX comes home... because the time with the car would double lol....

I'm a serious car nut. I have three preludes right now... spouse said I have to decrease the size of my fleet though so I'm selling a couple.

Back