Considering 1991 Salvage JH4NA1158MT000673

Hello Prime,

im highly considering this vehicle I found on Craigslist. Vehicle is in LA and I live in New Mexico. The seller has been the best so far and has gone out of his way with all my special request. It is salvage due to theft but no frame or collision. I did the VIN search with no results. My friend Andy is willing to check out the car for me and I will have a Acura dealer do a PPI before I get my one way plane ticket.

dors anybody know of this car or have any recommendations for me?

thank you,
Doug

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/5122692877.html

VIN: JH4NA1158MT000673

If it were me...I would ask the person performing the PPI to look closely at the rails and then all the bolts for the fenders to understand what was changed out/moved, etc. Then, I would ask the seller to send you a color copy of the Hunter alignment report. Post it here. I will comment but there are much smarter folks than I that will surely give guidance. Moving on to the motor, assuming you are doing a compression and leak down, you might post and ask what acceptable results would be. These to me are the greatest focus items.

Great points and I appreciate it. I'll will post up these items if I continue on with it.
thanks

remember a great price can sometime equal big problems. just because the price is low and many of us can jump on it with a quickness low price could mean no TB/WP no hoses, something other than its salvage due to theft must be going on.

I rebuild salvaged NSX all the time and I ask way more than that, but when my cars are rebuilt I create a thread so everyone can see it been done correctly.

anyway get the scoop and we will help

Check out the Socal section and you should find a few reliable sources for PPI, and one to avoid.

Hello Prime,

im highly considering this vehicle I found on Craigslist. Vehicle is in LA and I live in New Mexico. The seller has been the best so far and has gone out of his way with all my special request. It is salvage due to theft but no frame or collision. I did the VIN search with no results. My friend Andy is willing to check out the car for me and I will have a Acura dealer do a PPI before I get my one way plane ticket.

dors anybody know of this car or have any recommendations for me?

thank you,
Doug

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/5122692877.html

VIN: JH4NA1158MT000673

Hmm the sides of the front headlight covers are black for some reason. The fins in the bottom half of the front bumper is body colored instead of being black and the front bumper doesn't seem to be aligned correctly.

Back