Connecticut Emissions Test

I recently had to take my '93 for it's State-mandated Emissions test, which we all know has been quite a joke here in CT for years. I tried three locations before finding a facility which could actually do the test on my car, finally finding one that had the rollers in the floor, rather than up a steep ramp. It turned out to be a fun experience ( once I found a place ) and a good opportunity to show off our beloved car. There was a crew of about six guys working at this gas station/repair shop, and only one had ever heard of the NSX before. The guy who pulled it into the bay and onto the rollers was a nervous wreck, and he took great care, putting paper mats on my floor and seat ( ivory interior ). Once in the bay, they all swarmed around the car, and I gave them a quick overview. I had to show them how to pop the engine bay cover, etc. When the test was finally done, one of the guys shouted over to the tester : "Did it pass?" Tester responded "Yes". First guy replied: "Sure it did, it's a Honda". I thought that was cool.

Back