Congrats to the 2010 World Champion Lakers!!!!!

Awwwww yeah! Just had to give a big shout out to our Los Angeles Lakers for beating the Boston Celtics. Have to give credit to Boston for being such a tough team with their star Paul Pierce( from Inglewood, California ;))

So stephen, chad....

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DksSPZTZES0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DksSPZTZES0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Champions baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so where are we going to celebrate this weekend? :biggrin:

Last edited:
chapelle_fif.0.0.0x0.400x299.jpeg

Sorry. . this is coming from a non-basketball fan and not trying to rain on anyone's parade, haha. . but I have to ask to try and understand. .
Can someone explain to me a few things?
1) How are they the World Champions when they never competed against the "World"?
2) Why are they still called the Lakers when they're in LA? It made sense when they were in Minneapolis where there are a ton of lakes but not here. Maybe they should be renamed the LA MovieStars? Or the LA Smoggers? :confused:
3) Its strange to me why we're so attached to a team that only has ONE player really from LA. ONE! What did we just prove?
4) Why do people riot after "we" win (still not sure who "we" really is)?

Anyway, congrats to the Minneapolis Lakers! WOOHOO! Time to riot!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sorry. . this is coming from a non-basketball fan and not trying to rain on anyone's parade, haha. . but I have to ask to try and understand. .
Can someone explain to me a few things?
1) How are they the World Champions when they never competed against the "World"?

Its because the NBA is like Formula 1 in the sense that its supposed to be the highest basketball competition out there. The worlds best players play in the NBA. Even though they don't play all over the world like F1 racing they play the best of the best against eachother. These players are selected from the best of the best to be on each team from all over the world.

2) Why are they still called the Lakers when they're in LA? It made sense when they were in Minneapolis where there are a ton of lakes but not here. Maybe they should be renamed the LA MovieStars? Or the LA Smoggers? :confused:

Thats the just name that stayed when they moved to LA so can't answer that but every team doesn't have something that has to do with them....like the washington wizards? There is no wizards in wa the last time I checked and theres no magic in orlando unless you are talking about magicians.

3) Its strange to me why we're so attached to a team that only has ONE player really from LA. ONE! What did we just prove?

How many other teams have a lot of native born players on their roster? Thats just not this sport thats with any sport. We just proved out of 20+ something teams that are suppose to be some of the worlds best players that we are number 1....and it wasn't easy to get there.
4) Why do people riot after "we" win (still not sure who "we" really is)?

Those riots are by the idiots of parents who breed idiots......they do not represent LA at all......thats what happens when you have all the thugs and losers come out and ruin things. I hope they all get arrested and thrown in jail for a while.

Anyway, congrats to the Minneapolis Lakers! WOOHOO! Time to riot!:rolleyes:

Congrats to the Los Angeles Lakers and we do have lakes here too.....pyramid lake is one and I know theres quite a few more.....we just don't have tens of thousands of lakes like minnesota has.

:smile:

Congrats to the Los Angeles Lakers and we do have lakes here too.....pyramid lake is one and I know theres quite a few more.....we just don't have tens of thousands of lakes like minnesota has.

:smile:

Pyramid lake is an man-made/artificial lake. . :biggrin:

Those riots are by the idiots of parents who breed idiots......they do not represent LA at all......thats what happens when you have all the thugs and losers come out and ruin things. I hope they all get arrested and thrown in jail for a while.

Unfortunately, they do represent LA, because that is what the rest of the world sees in the news and in print. People are not going to rationally say "Oh wait those rioting are only a few bad seeds" No, they just see Angelinos (sp) rioting over a basketball game. I bet that person that had their Lambo torched feels the same way!!

Why do they riot - their team just won - idiots!! They are bassakwards ! ! !

Unfortunately, they do represent LA, because that is what the rest of the world sees in the news and in print. People are not going to rationally say "Oh wait those rioting are only a few bad seeds" No, they just see Angelinos (sp) rioting over a basketball game. I bet that person that had their Lambo torched feels the same way!!

Why do they riot - their team just won - idiots!! They are bassakwards ! ! !
Agree 100 % well said!

I think mexico winning their soccer game added to the riot since half were already buzzing lol.

Back