Congrats to Scin for dominating Chrono-X!

Thanks guys, pictures and video coming soon!

I was really lucky to have the support of Jared O'Malley (suspension tuning & lots of help installing the Accusump & Harness Bar), Scott Adams (pit crew), Dave Fischer (bad ass mechanic and pit crew) and Jose Alias (helped fix gremlins at the track on Thursday). Most of these guys stayed up until passed 2:00AM on at least one night to help get the car ready and really made the difference.

Sponsorship was provided by STMPO, if you track your car or just want to go faster they have lots of great parts. Dave Fischer is now a Texas distributor for STMPO, so be sure to order STMPO parts and have them installed by him (I trust him completely and no one will do a better job, if you live in Houston consider yourself lucky to have him nearby).

Running chromed out stock rims after Scott and Dave worked hard and fast to do a tire change, remove the stock battery and adjust suspension between classes.
nsx_chromed_stock_wheels.jpg

nsx_chromed_stock_wheels2.jpg

Leaving the pits to grid up for my two hot laps.
nsx_leaving_after_pitstop.jpg

Heading down hill into turn five
nsx_downhill.jpg

Last edited:
Hey man I didn't do any work!!!! I should be there for you at the next event....as long as it does not fall on Easter weekend.

Great job again.

Video of the winning run in the Prepared class on Hankook Z214 tires. I had to take a really slow out lap to keep the tire temperatures down. During the hot laps the tires went off in a big way toward the end of the 2nd lap and it was a hand full to drive (especially over the bumps on the sweeping left hander toward the end of the lap), but lap one went well and lap two was still a decent time.

You can see the start of the pit stop to switch to street tires and add a stock sized battery to be legal in the stock class. Thanks again to Scott and Dave for rocking this out.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2nHZbtDDGdc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2nHZbtDDGdc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
That's cool. Congrats!! But what exactly is Chrono-X? I am guessing its a Time Trial. Does it have different classes etc.

looks like a track I would build in my backyard:wink: ,but looks to be pretty benign if you have an off.I say this because from an insurance standpoint you are on your own if you damage the car time trialing.Congrats on the ftd!It benefits the whole "mystique" of the car when it is seen as a dominant force at local competitions.

sweet!

Woo-hoo... great stuff Scin! One or more of us gotta get out there to regularly to document your performances, and take aplenty pics / poster-shots! :cool:

track is pretty safe.... ive never seen a bad incident there
knock on wood
i cant say the same for TWS or MSR

Bo was showing us pics of a flipped Supra. He also told us about another car that flipped but I can't remember what make it was. I think it was a BMW but I could be wrong.

Back