Congrats, Red Sox!!

who are the Red Sox? :):):)

Once again, an oldie but a goodie:

What is the difference between a hot dog in Yankee Stadium in October and a hot dog in Fenway in October?

You can actually get a hot dog in Yankee Stadium in October.

(from your friendly neighborhood Mets fan)

Last edited:
GM

Don't they have a new GM that's in his twenties? Maybe the Babe Ruth curse is finally being lifted.

Yankees... here we come.. don't be scared.. :D

Tiger,

You really, really, really shouldn't say that.........

all our batters are going to have hockey equipment on, so your pitching staff is gonna have to come up with another plan :):):)

Should be a great series. I like both teams. Lived in NJ most of my life, and have been up here in Red Sox Nation for the last ten years. I'll be pulling for the Sox this time though. It has been a long drought for Boston. Another nail-biter like the Oakland series would be great.

jadkar said:
Tiger,

all our batters are going to have hockey equipment on, so your pitching staff is gonna have to come up with another plan :):):)

That's exactly what I meant. Yankees batters swing like they are holding hockey sticks.. You cannot possible hit Pedro's balls with hockey sticks.. it will be a good "warm up" for the Red Sox to prepare for the World Series against the Cubs :D :D :D

Perhaps, you can give Giambi a ride in your NSX to be loosen up ;)

Nimbus said:
No nail-biters! Sox 4-0 sweep is good. :D
Oh come on... All that tension is good for your blood pressure! I love any sport where the game or race is close and the players let it all hang out. Blowouts are no fun. Although as far as the Sox and Cubs go...one of the sports writers said that he would like to see it go 28 innings in the 7th game and call it a tie. I think I am with him. Both teams need this.
Go Sox!!

To compromise JPS Europa and Nimbus, the following won't be too bad, then...

Game 1: Red Sox wins in the 15th inning, 12-11
Game 2: Red Sox wins in the 16th inning, 14-13
Game 3: Red Sox wins in the 17th inning, 15-14
Game 4: Red Sox wins in the 18th inning, 16-15

It will be a series of long nights for us :D :D :D :D :D

this could be worse than the "Z" Wars

TigerNSX said:
To compromise JPS Europa and Nimbus, the following won't be too bad, then...

Game 1: Red Sox wins in the 15th inning, 12-11
Game 2: Red Sox wins in the 16th inning, 14-13
Game 3: Red Sox wins in the 17th inning, 15-14
Game 4: Red Sox wins in the 18th inning, 16-15

It will be a series of long nights for us :D :D :D :D :D

YANKEES IN 7 GAMES, NO EXTRA INNINGS, RED SOX HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 85 YEARS!!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Too bad.. that yesterday's game didn't produce as much nail-biting as some of you had hoped.. but it definitely was a good warm-up for the Red Sox.. :D

I hope that I don't get beaten up by RPM217 at the next event :D :D

Watch out!!!

TigerNSX said:
Too bad.. that yesterday's game didn't produce as much nail-biting as some of you had hoped.. but it definitely was a good warm-up for the Red Sox.. :D

I hope that I don't get beaten up by RPM217 at the next
event :D :D

You can run, but you can't hide, once the Yankee bats wake up (like the ChiSox's did last night) you will lose that smile!!! You don't have to worry about getting beat up, I'll just let the local law enforcement follow you home from the next event (just kidding)!!! Hopefully, the next few games will be more entertaining for us true fans of the game!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You know what sucks? Being a native NYC-ite (best damn city in the entire freaking universe) and being forced to temporarily live in Boston. You know what sucks even more? Being a native NYC-ite and living 300 ft from Fenway Park. Do you know how much it sucks having to hear stupid drunken idiotic Sox fans who have trouble prouncing the letter 'R'? Yeesh its Noh-mar not Nooo-mmahhh.

Oy vey.

-N

Funny to say this now that the series is tied 1-1, but if any of you were told before the series that one of these teams was going to sweep the other 4-0, we all know who would have been the victorious team in everyone's mind. ;)

Let the nail-biting begin. Actually I hope both sides hit the hell out of the pitching (more fun that way)...extra innings...lot's of defense...Sox by a run after 14 ( I like the Yankees too, grew up in NJ, but they do need to learn to share). Too bad about the Cubs...

So much for the Red Sox vs Cubs, that would have been the most hyped series in years.

Alright Tiger!

Tonight's the night, 1 game, winner makes it to the dance. Boston has certainly given us a good run, the pitching has been great out of Boston, and NY needs to step it up tonight. I will be playing tennis until 9:30, and than race home to watch the game. I hope that it's a good "clean" game, no craziness like last Saturday. Zim certainly showed class with his heartfelt apology, I seemed to have missed the apology from the other side (was there one?). Let the "game" begin, and let's hope that the Yankees win, or else Tiger will never let me forget it!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Good game... Congrats, Yankees. Well deserved.

Good game... Congrats, Yankees. Well deserved.

Great series. I hope the world series measures up to this.
I'm a Yankee fan but Pedro is incredible.

Back