Confusing Post

There is a new ad up for a NSX that has been in an accident. I won't name the person but you can probably find it if you look. The car is a red/black but the key thing is that the NSX rearended someone and needs new headlights, fender and hood. He is asking 17k for it and says, "Serious buyers only." Correct me if I am wrong but that will cost at least 3-4k to repair all of that.

Here is the issue I have. The person explains in the description that the car body is straight and free of dents and then 3 lines later he says that the car was in an accident and needs major repair. I am looking to pick up a NSX so I have been checking out the ads. This one really caught my attention. Any ideas why he wrote all that? Is that odd or what?

There is a new ad up for a NSX that has been in an accident. I won't name the person but you can probably find it if you look. The car is a red/black but the key thing is that the NSX rearended someone and needs new headlights, fender and hood. He is asking 17k for it and says, "Serious buyers only." Correct me if I am wrong but that will cost at least 3-4k to repair all of that.

Here is the issue I have. The person explains in the description that the car body is straight and free of dents and then 3 lines later he says that the car was in an accident and needs major repair. I am looking to pick up a NSX so I have been checking out the ads. This one really caught my attention. Any ideas why he wrote all that? Is that odd or what?

I would advise that you save up the money and be patient for a early model NSX in great condition in the high $20k's. Happy hunting:cool:

Correct me if I am wrong but that will cost at least 3-4k to repair all of that.

I'm no mechanic or anything, but I would think just replacing the hood, and fenders would be closer to $6-8k, if not a lot more.
I also find it hard to believe you can mess up the hood and fenders and not mess up a LOT of other things.

The only way would be to pay a bodyshop expert with aluminum experience to drive with you to look at it.

Listen to Blade's words of wisdom...I too own a 91 NSX and it is absolutely Phat!! Cost me around 27,000 US...so you too can find one...be patient and wait. Find the car that is right for you...I could care less when a Modena pulls up next to me and the guy gives me that smug look...lol...I just laugh...I have exactly what I wanted...a fully modded black on black 91 NSX...be patient and listen to the regular Prime Members...they will not lead you astray. Also...your best bet is to buy from this site!!

Dam:cool:

I'm no mechanic or anything, but I would think just replacing the hood, and fenders would be closer to $6-8k, if not a lot more.
I also find it hard to believe you can mess up the hood and fenders and not mess up a LOT of other things.

The only way would be to pay a bodyshop expert with aluminum experience to drive with you to look at it.

I would say $10-12K easy to fix it the right way and then you'd have an NSX with extensive repairs, and maybe a salvage title. With that many miles already and a car with possible frame damage, you'd be lucky to even get $17K if you went to sell it. Stay real far from this one!!

Back