concern with nsx purchase. 2000 nsxt auto charlotte nc

I have seen it listed here and viewed car in Charlotte they want $42000 for it which is 15k under book value. But the car has been listed for almost 2 months. I see all over 2000 nsx selling over 50k with more mileage than this one . Can't figure out why this hasn't sold already. It worries me that I am missing something. It's 2000 auto 22k miles JH4NA1264YT000022. It was a show car looks flawless. Please help so I don't make a mistake.

I have seen it listed here and viewed car in Charlotte they want $42000 for it which is 15k under book value. But the car has been listed for almost 2 months. I see all over 2000 nsx selling over 50k with more mileage than this one . Can't figure out why this hasn't sold already. It worries me that I am missing something. It's 2000 auto 22k miles JH4NA1264YT000022. It was a show car looks flawless. Please help so I don't make a mistake.

One word....automatic

Automatics are not very sought after in the NSX world..most of the autos on autotrader sit there forever and are priced cheaper then the MT's....

During my search, I really wanted a gpw and found some great deals, but when I saw it was an automatic, I would cry and then skip right over it...

That car has a depressed price (IMO) for reasons beyond just the automatic - it has been extensively modified. The interior has been redone, the electronics have all been hijacked, the passenger seat is essentially useless due to the big subwoofer, the engine cover has been carved up, etc, etc. Now, if you happen to LIKE all of that stuff, then this is a perfect car for you - but that means you are the exact right buyer for this exact car. That is a tough thing though as it limits your purchasing audience. Clean unmolested cars always attract the broadest audience and the best price - they are clean for the purists and are a blank canvas for the modders.

If none of that scares you and you are ok with the possibility of the bulletproof honda build quality being potentially undone in this car, then go for it.

(detailed photos here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/178646-2000-YELLOW-NSX-T-No-Longer-Available)

I've said it before and I'll say it again...some people shouldn't have a subsciption to the J.C.Whitney catalog. Actually, it was well done if you are into that type of thing. If you're goal is to only drive or trailer it to custom car shows to win trophies then by all means buy it. Those mods have rendered it useless for anything else.

It is nice to see Pep Boys makes wheels with the correct offset for the NSX...

That car has a depressed price (IMO) for reasons beyond just the automatic - it has been extensively modified. The interior has been redone, the electronics have all been hijacked, the passenger seat is essentially useless due to the big subwoofer, the engine cover has been carved up, etc, etc. Now, if you happen to LIKE all of that stuff, then this is a perfect car for you - but that means you are the exact right buyer for this exact car. That is a tough thing though as it limits your purchasing audience. Clean unmolested cars always attract the broadest audience and the best price - they are clean for the purists and are a blank canvas for the modders.

If none of that scares you and you are ok with the possibility of the bulletproof honda build quality being potentially undone in this car, then go for it.

(detailed photos here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/178646-2000-YELLOW-NSX-T-No-Longer-Available)

Dayummm....didn't see all that:redface:

Sad, all that money into it and it just ruined it...

Last edited:
Thanks all makes me feel alot better about passing on it. All that electronic changes really worried me. Feel I may had a large expense getting rid of all the gaudy stereo and light (oh so many lights). The radio and cameras didn't work when I drove it . But salesman ensured me he got it back working after giving the battery a full charge. Seems like the battery was drained after only a few days of sitting still.

Thanks all makes me feel alot better about passing on it. All that electronic changes really worried me. Feel I may had a large expense getting rid of all the gaudy stereo and light (oh so many lights). The radio and cameras didn't work when I drove it . But salesman ensured me he got it back working after giving the battery a full charge. Seems like the battery was drained after only a few days of sitting still.

If I were you, I would try to find a well kept stock to slightly modded NSX....it seems your budget is capable of finding a nice one...be patient.

I actually went to check it out for another prime member. It has been stated that being an auto probably was the first driver for the low price but the modifications probably sealed the deal. If you are a purist to get this car right and you don't do the work yourself you are looking at $10K-$14K to get it right. The maintainence has not been done on the car as well so you have to factor that in. It is at a dealership and it has been there a while so don't think that they did not try to get top dollar out of it at first, once it sat for a while they just figured that it was time to have it go. Mechanically the car is sound and in good shape. It has about 3 miles and 200 lbs of extra wiring and lights which would priority number one to ditch for me. The wheels are not stock and a lot of the things that were on it to make it a show car have been neglected and are from a different era. As my Das use to say, "it is nothing money can't fix".

It did drive great. Paint and body were flawless. Stereo didn't work when I drove it. What worried me the most was on the last owner's ad it stated he converted some of the electrical system from 120v to 12v. Scared me due to not knowing how much cost to change back or problems I could run into with that.

The 120v to 12v is basically a inverter that will run all those accessories while at a show.
This car has been ruined as far as the mods are tacky. But you can reverse it all and it would be fine. Keep the kit if you like it, it looks like a WW kit so it's a good brand quality wise. Get rid of most everything else. Someone should save this car if you can get it for the right price... And also as far as value the auto models kept the 3.0 na1 setup all the way thru 05. So what would usually make a 00 more valuable to most is the 3.2 that's normally in a 00.

Back